McDermott Wins Fabrication of Alen Project Offshore West Africa
McDermott received a contract to fabricate a 15,000-ton platform for Noble's Alen gas-condensate development project off the east coast of Bioko Island, Equatorial Guinea.
The company will manage the construction, load out and installation aids for a 15,000-ton central production platform, including living quarters, and a smaller 2,000-ton wellhead jacket and pile, stated the press release.
The project is expected to commence in the first quarter of 2011. The Alen project is located in Block O, offshore Equatorial Guinea. Noble Energy operates the project, holding a 45% interest.SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
- McDermott CEO Bets on Next Turnaround at Ailing Chicago Bridge (Jan 09)
- Oil-Focused Engineering Firms McDermott, Chicago Bridge To Merge (Dec 18)
- Exclusive: McDermott to Double Headcount in Mexico by Year-End (May 05)
Company: Noble Energy more info
- Gulfport Names Noble Energy Executive As Operations Chief (Jan 03)
- US Shale Producers Promise both Higher Output and Returns (Nov 03)
- Fault at Israel's Tamar Gas Field Prompts Use of Dirtier Fuels (Sep 22)