Statoil to Spin Bit in North Sea
Statoil has been granted consent to carry out exploration drilling of well 30/11-8S in the North Sea.
The exploration drilling will take place in a prospect covered by the production licenses 272 and 035. The well has the coordinates N 60° 13' 03.03'', E 02° 29' 22.20'' and is located 158 km west of Bergen. The water depth at the site is 106 meters.
The drilling is scheduled to start in mid-January and last 56 days, with an additional 29 days if a decision is made to drill a sidetrack well.
The exploration drilling will be carried out with the semi-submersible drilling facility Ocean Vanguard.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)