Foster Wheeler Promotes Executives to E&C Group
Foster Wheeler announced three executive promotions in its Global Engineering and Construction (E&C) Group.
- Roberto Penno, 50, who was previously Managing Director, Global Sales and Marketing, has been named Chief Executive Officer of the Asia Pacific Operating Unit, based in Singapore, effective January 1, 2011.
- Chris Brown, 41, who was previously Senior Vice President of Operations for Foster Wheeler USA, has been named Managing Director, Global Sales and Marketing, based in Reading, England, effective January 1, 2011.
- Filippo Abba', 48, who is currently acting as project executive for a very large refinery and petrochemical project that Foster Wheeler is executing in Singapore, has been named Managing Director of Operations for Foster Wheeler Energy Limited, based in Reading, England. In his new position, he will work closely with the CEO of that unit, Troy Roder. Abba' will assume his new duties upon completion of his current assignment in early 2011.
"Roberto, Chris and Filippo are exceptionally talented individuals with that rare combination of commercial, engineering and financial acumen," said Umberto della Sala. "Each represents an ideal choice for the respective assignment at hand, and we expect each to make significant contributions to the long-term success of Foster Wheeler in their new roles."
Penno has been with Foster Wheeler for 22 years. During his career, he has held increasingly senior roles in operating unit management, sales and commercial management in Europe, Asia and the U.S. – including a previous assignment as Director of Commercial Operations, Foster Wheeler Asia Pacific. He holds a doctorate degree in mechanical engineering from Politecnico di Milano in Italy.
Brown, who has more than 20 years of industry experience, joined Foster Wheeler USA in 2009 as Senior Vice President of Operations, after previously serving as President of Canadian Operations for KBR. During his career, he has lived and worked in Canada, Europe, the United States, Africa and the Middle East. He holds an MBA degree from Henley Management College (United Kingdom) and a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering from the University of Hull (United Kingdom). He is a Professional Engineer and a Fellow of the Institution of Plant Engineers.
Abba' joined Foster Wheeler Italiana in 1991 and during his career has covered a variety of positions with growing responsibilities. He served as Director of Engineering in 2003 after several years spent at construction sites in the Middle East and Europe. In 2005, he was named Director of Projects and Project Management Department Head. In 2008 he was promoted to Director of Contract Operations for Foster Wheeler Asia Pacific. He holds a doctorate degree in mechanical engineering from Politecnico di Milano in Italy.
- WorleyParsons and JV Partners Win FEED Contract for LNG Canada Project (May 21)
- Amec Agrees to buy Foster Wheeler for $3B (Jan 13)
- Report: British Engineer Amec Eyeing Foster Wheeler Takeover (Nov 27)