Petrobras Confirms Studying ENI Stake in Portugal's Galp
SAO PAULO (Dow Jones Newswires), Jan. 4, 2011
Petrobras confirmed that it's evaluating buying all of Italian oil major Eni's 33.34% stake in Portuguese energy company Galp Energia.
"The company reaffirms that it is constantly analyzing investment opportunities in Brazil and abroad that are aligned with the strategies set forth in its Business Plan. Petrobras confirms that it is studying a possible business deal with ENI but up to now no conclusion was taken and there are no binding obligations between the parts," the company said in a statement Tuesday.
The company didn't unveil other details.
On Tuesday, Portugal's daily Diario Economico reported that Petrobras offered EUR3.5 billion ($4.69 billion) to buy all of Eni's stake in Galp Energia.
According to the report, which cited an unnamed person close to the talks, the amount offered by Petrobras is lower that the initial demand of Eni. Eni wants EUR4.7 billion for its stake, or EUR17 a share, the newspaper said.
Copyright (c) 2010 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- Italy Prosecutors Probe Eni For Tax Evasion At Refineries (Nov 22)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)
Company: Galp Energia more info
- Galp Cuts Investment Plan, Sees Higher EBITDA Growth (Feb 21)
- Eni Board Authorizes Investment for First Phase of Coral Discovery (Nov 18)
- European Oil, Gas Companies Looking to Cut Costs Further (Oct 31)