Platinum Explorer Spins Bit Offshore India
Vantage announced that the ultra-deepwater drillship, Platinum Explorer, commenced operations for Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) in India Dec. 30. The Platinum Explorer is contracted for five years with corresponding estimated revenues of approximately $1.1 billion.
Paul Bragg, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, commented, "I congratulate our team and partners for outstanding performance, exceeding expectations, getting the Platinum Explorer on contract timely. We greatly appreciate the support of ONGC in preparation for and acceptance of Platinum Explorer. This is the culmination of nearly three years of coordinated efforts between our operations, engineering and project teams, along with the shipyard -- DSME, our venders and ONGC. We look forward to the next five years of safe operations and drilling excellence."
Operates 41 Offshore Rigs
Manages 8 Offshore Rigs
- Venezuela's PDVSA To Tap Oil Customers To Pay $449MM To ONGC (Nov 15)
- Sources: India ONGC Strikes 'Good' Offshore Oil, Gas Find (Sep 20)
- India To Acquire Seismic Data Of 48,000 Line kms To Boost Oil, Gas Output (Sep 12)
Company: Vantage Drilling Co. more info
- Vantage Drilling Appoints Ihab Toma as CEO (Aug 12)
- Former Petrobras Exec Sentenced Over Vantage Drilling Contract (Feb 01)
- Vantage Says Reaches Deal with Lenders, Unit to File for Bankruptcy (Dec 03)