Petrofac Lands EPIC Contract for Petronas' SEPAT
Petronas awarded Petrofac a US $280 million contract for the development of the SEPAT offshore early production system offshore Malaysia. First oil from the development is expected before the end of 2011.
Petrofac will carry out the engineering, procurement, construction, installation and commissioning for the full scope of the early production system in a water depth of 213 feet (65 meters). The EPCIC will compromise of a mobile offshore production unit, a floating storage and offloading facility for the early production of about 20,000 barrels of oil per day, and all interconnecting subsea pipelines. The SEPAT oil discovery is located in Block PM 313.SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- After Europe's Gas Market Disasters, LNG May Come to the Rescue (Dec 12)
- Petronas Unit Agrees Share Swap With Shell's Africa Operator (Dec 05)
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)
Company: Petrofac more info
- Petrofac Extends North Sea Contract with Chevron (Oct 05)
- Petrofac JV Awarded $2B Refinery Contract In Oman (Aug 04)
- Petrofac Makes 29% Headcount Reduction, Revenue Hits $7.8B (Feb 22)