Additional Operators Join Object's Marcellus Project
Object Reservoir Inc. announced today that additional operators have recently joined the company’s Collaborative Exploitation Project (CEP) for the Marcellus Shale in Northeast Pennsylvania.
The Marcellus Shale CEP was announced on July 27th, 2010. Early participants were EXCO Resources (PA), LLC (JV between EXCO Resources, Inc. and BG Group); Royal Dutch Shell (former East Resources); Ultra Resources; and one other major Marcellus operator. New participants joining the project include Chesapeake Energy (with JV partner Statoil); Southwestern Energy; Seneca Resources; and Talisman Energy USA; for a current total of ten companies currently engaged in the collaborative process.
The objectives of these CEPs are to collaboratively refine practices for shale well stimulation and spacing, and to advance the state of knowledge of these shale plays to maximize the efficient use of capital in operators’ assets. The project will remain open for subscription for other Northeast Pennsylvania Operators for a limited time.
Object Reservoir Inc. is a provider of leading-edge reservoir analysis services and technology to the global E&P industry. The company’s Resolve finite element modeling, Limits advanced shale analytics, and ORKA shale knowledgebase technology are defining advanced workflows for analysis of shale well performance, leading to reliable forecasts of production and recovery factors from early production data.
Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Object Reservoir has its technology and software development center in Austin.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: Talisman Energy more info
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Southwestern Energy Company more info
- Gas Drillers Go Rigless As Price Collapse Heralds Austerity Era (Apr 07)
- US Jobs Report: Mining Down 7,000; Loss of 800 in Oil, Gas (Feb 05)
- Southwestern Energy to Lay Off 376 Houston-Area Workers (Jan 25)
Company: Chesapeake Energy Corporation more info
- Chesapeake To Cut Rig Count, Bring Fewer Wells To Production (Aug 03)
- Chesapeake CEO: Downturn Challenges Helped Oil, Gas Companies (Mar 07)
- Chesapeake Energy Posts Smaller Quarterly Loss (Feb 23)
Company: EXCO Resources, Inc. more info
- EXCO Halts Drilling In Eagle Ford Shale, Cites Low Oil Prices (Oct 27)
- BG Group Sells Texas Cotton Valley Assets (Feb 15)
- EXCO Finalizes $725M Deal with Harbinger Group (Feb 15)
Company: Seneca Resources more info
- Seneca to Convert Marcellus Drilling Rigs to Nat Gas (Oct 25)
- Seneca Purchases Marcellus Stake (Jan 10)
- Additional Operators Join Object's Marcellus Project (Dec 22)