ConocoPhillips Awards Ekofisk Work to Aker
ConocoPhillips has conditionally awarded a contract for engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) of the topside module for the Ekofisk 2/4 Z platform to Aker Solutions. The contract award is subject to project approval by the PL018 license group, and Norwegian authorities' approval of the plan for development and operation (PDO). The PL018 approval is planned for the first quarter 2011 and PDO approval in the second quarter of 2011.
Contract parties are Aker Solutions' subsidiary, Aker Egersund A/S and ConocoPhillips Skandinavia A/S. Pending project sanction and final contract award, Aker Solutions will only book early engineering and procurement as order backlog.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)