Seadrill Picks Up Keys to Latest Jackup
Seadrill has taken delivery of the new jackup drilling rig West Juno from Keppel FELS in Singapore.
West Juno, a sister rig to West Callisto, is the sixth Keppel FELS "B Class" rig to be constructed for Seadrill. The rig features a 'fit for purpose' off-line pipe handling and stand building, enhanced mud systems as well as improved deck layouts and greater capacities compared to previous jack-up generations. The B Class design provides maximum uptime with reduced emissions and discharges.
Alf C Thorkildsen, Chief Executive Officer in Seadrill Management said, "We are pleased to complement our premium fleet with yet another outstanding jack-up drilling rig within budget and ahead of schedule. West Juno is the ninth jack-up rig added to the Seadrill jack-up fleet since 2008, and we are confident we will secure the rig a contract shortly."
- Keppel FELS Delivers Floatel Triumph, Upcoming Work at Wheatstone Field (Sep 30)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Keppel FELS Delivers Jackup UMW Naga 8 to Malaysia's UMW Oil & Gas (Sep 02)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)