Subsea 7 Confirms Hess Contract for South Arne Field
On November 10, Subsea 7 received a US $55 million North Sea Pipeline Bundle contract for phase three of development on the South Arne field. Subsea 7’s scope of work entails engineering, procuring, fabricating, installing and commissioning a 2.2 kilometer bundle system.
Also included in the contract is the associated subsea tie-ins, testing and pre-commissioning work. The pipeline bundle system will be installed using the controlled depth tow methodology (CDTM) and will connect two new platforms, the Wellhead Platform East and the Wellhead Platform North.
Installation of the platforms is scheduled for 2012. Engineering work is planned for 4Q11 and will be carried out at Subsea 7’s office in Stavanger, Norway. Fabrication of the pipeline bundle system will be performed at the company’s fabrication site in Wick, Northern Scotland in 2Q11 with offshore operations scheduled to commence in late 2011.
The project is scheduled for completion in the first quarter of 2013. South Arne is located in the Danish sector of the North Sea in a water depth of 197 feet (60 meters).SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Hess Cutting Hundreds of Workers As It Battles Activist Investor (Jan 16)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
- About 75,000 Bpd Of Gulf Oil Output Still Shut After Shell Fire (Nov 15)
Company: Subsea 7 more info
- Subsea 7 Shares Surge On Special Dividend, Q4 Earnings Beat (Mar 02)
- Subsea 7 Takes Delivery of New Vessels (Feb 02)
- Report: Oil, Gas Companies in Aberdeen Face Tax 'Bombshell' (Dec 19)