Ithaca Awards Bibby Offshore Athena Development Contract
Ithaca awarded Bibby Offshore contracts for the installation of subsea equipment and the installation of the FPSO mooring system for the Athena development.
Work for the subsea installation entails installing subsea manifolds, flowlines, power cables and umbilicals between the subsea wellheads and the floating production, storage and offloading vessel, BW Athena. This work includes both the 1.2 mile (2 kilometer) seabed sections, which will be trenched, and the dynamic riser sections leading to the buoy connecting the system to the FPSO.
For the mooring system contract, Bibby Offshore will install an APL STP buoy, nine suction piles, and associated anchor lines.
The Athena field is situated on Block 14/18b in the Outer Moray Firth area in the UK sector of the North Sea in 440 feet (134 meters) of water. Ithaca Energy serves as the operator of the field, holding a 22.5% interest; Dyas UK Ltd. holds 47.5%; EWE holds 20%; and Zeus holds the remaining 10% interest.SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
- Ithaca Energy Starts Production from North Sea Stella Field (Feb 17)
- Delek Group to Issue Ithaca Energy Takeover Bid for $524MM (Feb 06)
- Ithaca Energy: Stella Production Start-up Delayed (Jan 12)
Company: Bibby more info
- Bibby Secures North Sea Services Contract with BP (Jul 06)
- Bibby Offshore Delivers Multi-Million Dollar Decommissioning Contracts (Sep 08)
- Seven Winners at 'Biggest Ever' Oil & Gas UK Awards (Nov 07)