Brunei Shell Awards Seadrill's West Pelaut Contract Extension
Seadrill has been awarded a new contract extension by Brunei Shell Petroleum for the semi-tender assist rig West Pelaut. The production drilling assignment has a firm duration of three years, and the contract value is estimated to approximately US $131 million.
The new contract is scheduled to start in direct continuation of the current contract with Shell, at the end of the first quarter 2012.
Alf C Thorkildsen, Chief Executive Officer in Seadrill Management, said,"It was Shell's forward thinking and support of the semi-tender assist concept that enabled the construction of West Pelaut as the first semi-submersible tender assist platform drilling rig in 1994. West Pelaut has since delivery worked continuously for Brunei Shell Petroleum and recently received the Shell Rig of the Year Award within the tender/platform category. We view this contract extension as an excellent opportunity to build further our strong relationship with Shell and look forward to continue developing the tender assist concept into deep water projects with Shell as a valued operator."
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)
Company: Brunei Shell Petroleum more info
- McDermott Secures Brunei's Offshore T&I Contract (Jun 21)
- McDermott Bags Offshore Pipeline Deal for Brunei's Champion, Ampa Fields (Nov 12)
- KCA Deutag Bags Contract to Construct, Operate Land Rig in Brunei for BSP (Jun 23)