Lacula Suspends Castanha Appraisal Well
Lacula Oil Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of ROC, advises that the Castanha 3 ST-1 appraisal well has been drilled to a total measured depth of 2,525 metres and has been suspended. Castanha-3 ST1 is a sidetrack from the original Castanha-3 wellbore, which was abandoned with a cement plug due to operational issues.
Initial evaluation has indicated that the well encountered a gross hydrocarbon column of approximately 7 metres in the Chela Formation.
Production testing of the Castanha-2 and Castanha-3 appraisal wells is planned to commence during December after the Castanha-4 appraisal well has been drilled. Castanha-4 is expected to spud during the coming week.
Participating Interests in the Cabinda Onshore South Block are operator Pluspetrol Angola Corporation with 45%; Lacula Oil Company Limited (ROC) with 10%; Force Petroleum de Angola, S.A with 20%; Sonangol P&P, S.A with 20%; and Cuba Petroleo with 5%.
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
- US Oil Firm Cobalt Files For Arbitration Against Angola For $2B (May 12)
- US Firm Cobalt Threatens Arbitration Over Angolan Oil Assets (Apr 03)
Company: Pluspetrol more info
- Government: Bids on Peru's Biggest Oil Block to Start in April (Mar 06)
- Pluspetrol Interested in Bidding on Peru's Biggest Oil Block (Feb 11)
- Argentina's Pluspetrol to Buy Apco Oil and Gas for $427 Million (Oct 03)