GDF Suez to Use Transocean Searcher for Gjoa Work
The Petroleum Safety Authority Norway has granted GDF SUEZ E&P Norge AS (GdF) consent for drilling and completion of wells on the Gjoa field with the semisub Transocean Searcher.
The consent encompasses drilling and completion of a total of 11 wells, of which five are scheduled for completion before start of production. The plan is to complete the remaining six wells by July 2012.
Statoil has had the operator responsibility for this production license in the development phase, and received consent in December 2008 for the use of Transocean Searcher for drilling and completion of production wells until the operatorship is transferred to GdF, which will be the operator during the operations phase. The consent which has now been granted to GdF encompasses drilling and completion of the remaining wells. The consent is tied to the operator's management system, which means that a transfer of operatorship involves applying for a new consent for the ongoing activities.
Transocean Searcher is operated by Transocean Offshore North Sea Ltd NUF and is a type Bingo 3000 semi-submersible drilling facility, built in 1983 at Kaldnes Mek. Verksted in Tonsberg. The facility was granted the PSA's Acknowledgement of Compliance in December 2003.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 53 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: GDF Suez more info
- UK Awards 27 Blocks for Shale Exploration in Latest Licensing Round (Aug 18)
- European Majors Team Up to Explore Arctic (Apr 21)
- GDF Suez Says Natural Gas Discovery Made in Southeast Algeria (Apr 20)