Kiewit-Aker JV Bags Hebron GBS Project
Kiewit-Aker Contractors, a 50/50 joint venture between Peter Kiewit Infrastructure and Aker Solutions, received a contract for the Hebron project gravity based structure. The awarded contract is for FEED and site preparations, with the option, at the operator's discretion, to also provide detailed engineering, procurement and construction services.
FEED services will commence immediately, with site preparation at the Bull Arm fabrication yard in Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada, once permits are received.
Located 217 miles (350 kilometers) offshore Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada, the Hebron heavy oil field is situated in the Jeanne d'Arc Basin in arctic waters measuring 302 feet (92 meters) deep. Hebron project partners include ExxonMobil with 36% interest, Chevon with 26.7%, Petro-Canada with 22.7%, StatoilHydro with 9.7% and Nalcor Energy with 4.9% interest.SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
- Kiewit-Aker JV Bags Hebron GBS Project (Nov 09)
- Perdido Spar Reaches Texas, Final Outfitting Begins Before GOM Deployment (Jun 20)
- Deepwater Specialists Lands Independence Hub Contract (Mar 23)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)