NPD Awards Statoil Drilling Permit in North Sea License 303
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Statoil a drilling permit for wellbore 15/6-11 S, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Wellbore 15/6-11 S will be drilled from the drilling facility Ocean Vanguard in position 58º 34' 08.32" north 01º 42' 10.54" east after concluding the drilling of wildcat well 25/5-7 in production license 102 C.
The drilling program for wellbore 15/6-11 S relates to drilling of a wildcat well in production license 303. Statoil is the operator with a 100 percent ownership in production license 303, but the well will be drilled on behalf of the licensees in the discovery 15/5-1 Dagny (production licenses 048, 303, 029 and 029 B). The partners in this expanded licensee group are therefore Det norske, ExxonMobil Exploration & Production Norway and Total E&P Norge. The area in license 303 consists of parts of blocks 15/2,3,5,6 and 8, and the well will be drilled in block 15/6 on the east flank of 15/5-1 Dagny just north of the Sleipner West field in the North Sea.
Production license 303 was awarded on December 12, 2003 (APA 2003). This is the fifth well to be drilled in the area in this permit.
The consents of other authorities must be secured before drilling starts.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)