Keppel FELS Dives into LOI with Mermaid for Jackups
Keppel FELS has entered into a Letter of Intent with Mermaid Maritime Public to build two KFELS B Class jackup rigs worth US $360 million. In addition to these, Mermaid will have options to build another two similar jackup units.
In the event that the proposed deal proceeds, the first two jackup rigs will be scheduled for delivery on December 1, 2012 and 1 March 2013 respectively. If exercised, the options for the additional two rigs are expected to bring the total contract value to above US $700 million.
Further announcement will be made in due course if and when the rig construction and option contracts are executed.
The Letter of Intent with Mermaid is not expected to have any material impact on the net tangible assets or the earnings per share of Keppel Corporation Limited for the current financial year.
- Keppel FELS Delivers Floatel Triumph, Upcoming Work at Wheatstone Field (Sep 30)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Keppel FELS Delivers Jackup UMW Naga 8 to Malaysia's UMW Oil & Gas (Sep 02)
Company: Mermaid more info
- Keppel to Build Newbuild Jackups for Mermaid's AOD (Dec 02)
- Mermaid Enters JV with Gentas to Form Subtech S.A. (Nov 11)
- Keppel FELS Dives into LOI with Mermaid for Jackups (Oct 22)