McDermott Secures Work at IOCL Panipat Refinery
Engineering and construction solutions provider to the energy industry, McDermott, has been awarded a project management consultancy (PMC) contract from India Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL).
The contract is for the Maleic Anhydride (MAH) unit at the Panipat Refinery and Petrochemical Complex, located 62 miles (100 kilometers) from New Delhi, India, the company said in its statement.
McDermott said its scope includes project management and consultancy services for the unit, including front-end engineering design (FEED), review of engineering activities, construction supervision services, assistance in start-up, pre-commissioning, commissioning, performance guarantee test run and project closure.
"McDermott has a long-standing relationship with IOCL and is currently executing three large-scale projects at their Barauni and Haldia refineries," said Vaseem Khan, McDermott's Senior Vice President, Onshore. "Our unrivaled project management and execution capabilities, combined with our decades of experience in India, uniquely position us to successfully execute this project."
It is worth reminding that McDermott was awarded the engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning of a new naptha hydrotreating unit and a new isomerization unit with associated facilities for the Barauni Refinery expansion project in Bihar, India, for Indian Oil Corporation Limited, in 2021.
The units treat heavy naptha streams by removing sulphur, nitrogen and metal compounds to produce Bharat Stage-6 compliant gasoline. Bharat Stage-6 compliance produces a cleaner fuel to meet high emissions standards.
Also in 2021, McDermott received two separate engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning (EPCC) contract awards from Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) for the Haldia Refinery and the Barauni Refinery.
The first award is an EPCC contract for a new diesel hydrotreating unit and associated facilities for the Barauni Refinery expansion project. The second award is an EPCC contract for the catalytic dewaxing unit and associated facilities at the Haldia Refinery in West Bengal, India.
As for the MAH plant at the Panipat complex, it is India's first mega-scale MAH plant to manufacture chemical products. MAH is used to make specialty products like polyester resins, surface coating plasticizers, agrochemicals and lubricant additives. Other chemicals that will be produced from the plant include Tetra Hydro Furan (THF), which is widely used in adhesives and vinyl film, and Butanediol (BDO), which is used in engineering-grade plastic and biodegradable fibers, the statement reads.
Work on the project will be executed from McDermott's Center of Excellence in Gurugram, India, the company said.
To contact the author, email email@example.com
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- USA EIA Hikes Up 2023 and 2024 Brent Oil Price Forecasts
- Macquarie Group Reveals Oil Market Outlook
- Biden Urged to Demand Climate Emergency as Smoke Chokes Washington
- Chevron Starts Up Gorgon Extension Project
- Eni Inks Deal to Build Hybrid Renewables-Gas Plant in Kazakhstan
- Oil Down as Demand Concerns Supercede Saudi Cuts
- ADNOC Chief: Shift from Fossil Fuel Unavoidable
- Enagas Opens Logistics Bidding for Mothballed Asturias Terminal
- Improved Wage Offer Ends North Sea Dispute
- Global Oil Demand for Road Transport to Peak in 2027: BNEF
- Saudis Remind Global Oil Market Who is King
- Saudi to Cut Output by 1MM BPD in Solo OPEC+ Move
- Data Science is the Future of Oil and Gas
- Debt Ceiling Deal Becomes Law
- Two Main Forces Have Come Together to Pull Down Commodity Prices
- What Do Latest OPEC+ Moves Mean?
- Fatality At North Rankin Complex
- USA Shale Seen Holding Firm on Returns
- Latest Troll Try Spits Dust
- Par Pacific Completes Buy of ExxonMobil Refinery
- Which Generation Is Most in Demand in Oil, Gas Right Now?
- Who Is the Most Prolific Private Oil and Gas Producer in the USA?
- Is There a Danger That Oil and Gas Runs out of Financing?
- What Will World Oil Demand Be in 2023?
- BMI Projects Gasoline Price Through to 2026
- North America Rig Count Reduction Rumbles On
- What New Oil and Gas Jobs Will Exist in the Future?
- What Does a 2023 USA Recession Mean for Oil and Gas in the Country?
- USA Oil and Gas Supported Nearly 11MM Jobs
- Saudis Remind Global Oil Market Who is King