Lukoil Taps SNC-Lavalin for Iraq Contract
LUKOIL Mid-East has awarded SNC-Lavalin a framework agreement for project support services for the West Qurna phase 2 oil field in Iraq, SNC-Lavalin reported Thursday.
“We continue to build on our long-term relationship with LUKOIL and to help them realize their projects successfully,” Christian Brown, president for oil and gas with SNC-Lavalin, said in a written statement. “We are well established in the Middle East and have worked closely with national and international oil companies and Iraq’s Ministry of Oil on projects across the value chain, ranging from professional services to engineering and delivery of some of the world’s most complex projects.”
SNC-Lavalin stated the scope of the project will include:
- Provisioning engineering, design activities and project support services for developing the Mishrif and Yamama formations of the West Qurna 2 oil field
- Training and continued professional development for local Iraqi professionals
Located in southern Iraq northwest of the seaport city Basra, West Qurna Phase 2 is one of the world’s largest fields, SNC-Lavalin stated. The field comprises three main phases: two for the Misrif formation and one for Yamama. According to the company, required surface facilities for both formations include:
- Well pads
- Oil gathering flowlines, headers and trunklines
- A central processing facility and its associated utilities and offsites
- Oil/gas/liquid petroleum gas export pipelines
- Additional storage tanks at an existing facility
- Power plant
- Water intake
- Supply pipelines
SNC-Lavalin noted that the West Qurna Phase 2 project will be executed in Iraq and from the United Arab Emirates.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.