Lukoil, Gazprom Neft Team Up On Oil Recovery Projects
Russian oil and gas company Lukoil and compatriot oil producer Gazprom Neft have concluded an agreement on cooperation in the implementation of oil recovery enhancement projects.
Lukoil said that the agreement provides for joint work on improving chemical methods of enhanced oil recovery. It will lay the foundation for best practices exchange and collaboration in lab research, as well as for studies of surface-active agents and production stimulation chemicals.
According to the company, the duo plans to join their efforts to develop national production of chemical agents and equipment for manufacturing surfactant-polymer and polymer solutions for oil recovery enhancement. They also aim to test and introduce new chemical compounds when developing mature reserves in their fields.
Lukoil and Gazprom Neft will also evaluate prospects for the creation of competence centers that would apply innovative equipment to select surfactant and polymer formulae.
Lukoil recently entered into two other agreements. One in late September with BP for the acquisition of a 25 percent participating interest in the Shallow Water Absheron Peninsula (SWAP) exploration project in the Azerbaijan sector of the Caspian Sea.
The other was with Malaysian giant Petronas for the acquisition of a 15.5 percent interest in the Shah Deniz gas project in the Caspian Sea.
To contact the author, email email@example.com
What do you think? We’d love to hear from you, join the conversation on the
Rigzone Energy Network.
The Rigzone Energy Network is a new social experience created for you and all energy professionals to Speak Up about our industry, share knowledge, connect with peers and industry insiders and engage in a professional community that will empower your career in energy.
Editor | Rigzone
- USA EIA Hikes Up 2023 and 2024 Brent Oil Price Forecasts
- Macquarie Group Reveals Oil Market Outlook
- Chevron Starts Up Gorgon Extension Project
- Eni Inks Deal to Build Hybrid Renewables-Gas Plant in Kazakhstan
- Biden Urged to Demand Climate Emergency as Smoke Chokes Washington
- Enagas Opens Logistics Bidding for Mothballed Asturias Terminal
- ADNOC Chief: Shift from Fossil Fuel Unavoidable
- Oil Down as Demand Concerns Supercede Saudi Cuts
- Improved Wage Offer Ends North Sea Dispute
- Global Oil Demand for Road Transport to Peak in 2027: BNEF
- Saudis Remind Global Oil Market Who is King
- Saudi to Cut Output by 1MM BPD in Solo OPEC+ Move
- Data Science is the Future of Oil and Gas
- Debt Ceiling Deal Becomes Law
- Two Main Forces Have Come Together to Pull Down Commodity Prices
- What Do Latest OPEC+ Moves Mean?
- Fatality At North Rankin Complex
- USA Shale Seen Holding Firm on Returns
- Par Pacific Completes Buy of ExxonMobil Refinery
- North America Loses More Rigs
- Which Generation Is Most in Demand in Oil, Gas Right Now?
- Who Is the Most Prolific Private Oil and Gas Producer in the USA?
- BMI Reveals Latest Brent Oil Price Forecasts
- Is There a Danger That Oil and Gas Runs out of Financing?
- BMI Projects Gasoline Price Through to 2026
- What Will World Oil Demand Be in 2023?
- North America Rig Count Reduction Rumbles On
- What New Oil and Gas Jobs Will Exist in the Future?
- What Does a 2023 USA Recession Mean for Oil and Gas in the Country?
- USA Oil and Gas Supported Nearly 11MM Jobs