Jacobs Signs Sulfur Recovery Tech Deal with Shell-Pique's JV
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. has signed a sulfur recovery technology licensor agreement with Paquell, a joint venture between Shell Global Solutions and Paques BV, Jacobs announced Wednesday.
“Refining and gas treating facility owners and operators require reliable technology that delivers low CAPEX and OPEX, provides high sulfur recovery efficiency and minimizes environmental impact,” Andrew Berryman, Jacobs Mining & Minerals and Specialty Chemicals senior vice president and general manager, said in a written statement announcing the deal.
The agreement allows Paquell to use Jacobs’ THIOPAQ O&G technology in refineries and gas treating facilities worldwide, Jacobs stated. The biological process integrates gas purification with sulfur recovery in a single unit, resulting in high sulfur recovery levels at reduced installation and operating costs, the company added.
According to Jacobs, the process removes sulfur components such as mercaptans (R-SH) and hydrogen sulfides (H2S) from a gas stream and converts them into biologically formed sulfur. It maintains the process is becoming increasingly important to the industry as it seeks chemical waste reduction methods. Moreover, Jacobs noted the deal positions it as the only gas treating and sulfur recovery licensing company to license the technology to low capacity sulfur facility owners.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Jacobs Wins Saudi Arabia Contract Renewal (Aug 15)
- Kuwait's PIC Signs Contract with US Jacobs for Plant in Canada (Nov 06)
- Jacobs Signs Sulfur Recovery Tech Deal with Shell-Pique's JV (Oct 11)
Company: Royal Dutch Shell plc more info
- Battered Oil-Sands Servicers Pin Hopes on Shell's LNG Project (Sep 19)
- Fire Breaks Out At Shell Chemical Plant, Nearby Essar Refinery Unaffected (Aug 22)
- Shell's Appomattox FPS Reaches Offshore Louisiana Destination (Aug 22)