GOM Subsea Contract Goes to McDermott
Shell Exploration and Production Co. has selected McDermott International, Inc. to install new subsea umbilical and flowline at the Great White Frio development in Alaminos Canyon Block 857 in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico (GOM), McDermott reported Tuesday.
“This award demonstrates McDermott’s commitment to helping Shell safely and competitively deliver Great White – their next-generation deep-water energy project,” Richard Heo, McDermott’s senior vice president for North, Central and South America, said in a written statement emailed to Rigzone.
McDermott did not specify the contract amount but did state that it is “sizable,” ranging from $1 million to $50 million. The company noted that its scope of work includes:
- Project management and engineering
- Installing a flexible flowline from the well to a pipeline end termination
- Installing a 2,000-foot-long steel flying lead
- Installation two electrical flying leads in an 8,000-foot water depth
Shell Offshore operates the Great White development, which McDermott describes as “a pioneer deep-water oil gas project that has unlocked a new frontier of energy development in the Gulf of Mexico’s Lower Tertiary Paleogene.” Production from the Great White, Silvertip and Tobago fields tie into the Shell-operated Perdido Host, which can handle 100,000 barrels per day of oil and 200 million cubic feet of gas per day, McDermott added. Earlier this year, Shell also tapped McDermott to install a subsea umbilical and flowline in Silvertip.
McDermott noted that it plans to perform project management and engineering from its Houston office. In addition, the company stated that offshore installation is targeted for completion in mid-2019.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- McDermott to Design Scarborough FPU for Woodside (Feb 05)
- GOM Subsea Contract Goes to McDermott (Jan 28)
- McDermott Wins Australia Tank Project (Jan 09)
Company: Shell more info
- $5B Louisiana LNG Project to Break Ground Immediately (Feb 22)
- Shell's GHG Targets Reflect Key Realization (Feb 18)
- GOM Subsea Contract Goes to McDermott (Nov 27)