Fugro Achieves Mid-East Geophysical Milestone
Fugro has completed the Middle East’s first fully autonomous geophysical shallow-water route survey in response to growing demand for remote offshore services, according to a company statement.
An uncrewed surface vessel (USV) captured geophysical data across a survey area 40 km out from the coast of Abu Dhabi. Controlled from the company’s operations center in Abu Dhabi, the entire process was completed remotely.
The results of the survey included conductivity, temperature, depth and salinity profiles, bathymetry data, seabed imaging, sub-bottom profiles, and ferrous object detection such as pipes. The benefits of the process, versus using a traditional mobilized and crewed survey, included reduced HSSE exposure and cost savings. Fugro’s USVs also have a much lower carbon footprint than a regular survey vessels, the company added in a statement.
“Witnessing this ambitious concept transformed into reality is a landmark moment in the Middle East that has resulted in the successful delivery of a critical seabed characterization report based solely on our autonomously acquired geo-data,” said Gerard Ferreira, Fugro’s Service Line Director for Marine Geophysics in the Middle East.
To contact the author, email email@example.com.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Vice President of Content | Rigzone
- Chevron Starts Up Gorgon Extension Project
- USA EIA Hikes Up 2023 and 2024 Brent Oil Price Forecasts
- Macquarie Group Reveals Oil Market Outlook
- Enagas Opens Logistics Bidding for Mothballed Asturias Terminal
- ADNOC Chief: Shift from Fossil Fuel Unavoidable
- Eni Inks Deal to Build Hybrid Renewables-Gas Plant in Kazakhstan
- Biden Urged to Demand Climate Emergency as Smoke Chokes Washington
- Global Oil Demand for Road Transport to Peak in 2027: BNEF
- Improved Wage Offer Ends North Sea Dispute
- EU Looks to Boost Efforts to Store Captured Carbon Underground
- Saudis Remind Global Oil Market Who is King
- Saudi to Cut Output by 1MM BPD in Solo OPEC+ Move
- Data Science is the Future of Oil and Gas
- Debt Ceiling Deal Becomes Law
- What Do Latest OPEC+ Moves Mean?
- Fatality At North Rankin Complex
- Two Main Forces Have Come Together to Pull Down Commodity Prices
- North America Loses More Rigs
- Par Pacific Completes Buy of ExxonMobil Refinery
- Does the Global Drug Trafficking Industry Affect Oil and Gas?
- Which Generation Is Most in Demand in Oil, Gas Right Now?
- Who Is the Most Prolific Private Oil and Gas Producer in the USA?
- BMI Reveals Latest Brent Oil Price Forecasts
- Is There a Danger That Oil and Gas Runs out of Financing?
- BMI Projects Gasoline Price Through to 2026
- What Will World Oil Demand Be in 2023?
- North America Rig Count Reduction Rumbles On
- What New Oil and Gas Jobs Will Exist in the Future?
- What Does a 2023 USA Recession Mean for Oil and Gas in the Country?
- USA Oil and Gas Supported Nearly 11MM Jobs