Eni Secures Two Deals for Oman Blocks
Eni S.p.A. signed with the Ministry of Oil & Gas and with BP a Head of Agreement (HoA) for the acquisition of the exploration and production rights of Block 77 onshore, Eni announced Monday.
Per the agreement, Eni and BP each hold 50 percent of the acreage 30 km east of the Khazzan Field, which is operated by BP. Eni will be the operator during the exploration phase of Block 77.
The Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) will follow shortly.
Eni additionally announced Monday that it had entered into an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) with Oman Oil Company Exploration and Production (OOCEP) for Block 47 located in Oman.
Block 47, located onshore in the Omani A’Dakhiliyah Governorate, was awarded to Eni and OOCEP after their joint bid during the 2017 Oman Licensing Round. The EPSA has Eni as the operator with a 90 percent working interest.
Exploration of Block 47 is set to start this year.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- How Industry 4.0 is Reshaping Oil and Gas Recruitment (Feb 19)
- $44B India Refinery Project At Risk (Feb 19)
- BHP Approves $696MM Funding for BP Project (Feb 13)
Company: ENI more info
- Eni Bags Two Exploration Blocks Onshore Egypt (Feb 15)
- Eni Starts New Production Well Offshore Angola (Jan 24)
- Eni Secures Two Deals for Oman Blocks (Jan 14)