Eni Makes Gas Discovery Offshore Indonesia
Italian oil and gas company Eni S.p.A. has made a new gas discovery offshore Indonesia – its third consecutive successful find in the country – the company announced Dec. 19.
Eni successfully drilled and tested the Merakes East prospect in East Sepinggan block, Offshore Kalimantan, Indonesia. The well was drilled to 3,400 meters measured depth in 1,592 meters of water depth and encountered 15 meters of gas bearing net sands in two levels of Miocene Age.
The prospect is located just 3 kilometers east of the Merakes Field, whose development plan investments were approved a few days ago. The proximity of Eni’s newest discovery to this field will allow for maximization of synergies among the subsea infrastructures. In addition, it will make for more efficient subsea development in the future.
Eni has been operating in Indonesia since 2001 and is the operator of East Sepinggan Contract Area through its subsidiary Eni East Sepinggan Limited. The subsidiary has 85 percent participating interest while PT Pertamina Hulu Energi East Sepinggan has the remaining 15 percent.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.