Eni: Development Plan for Merakes Field Approved
Eni S.p.A announced Wednesday that the development plan for the Merakes field offshore Indonesia has been approved by the country’s minister of energy and mineral resources.
The development plan includes the drilling and completion of six subsea wells and the construction and installation of subsea systems and pipelines, which will be connected to the Jangkrik floating production unit.
The Merakes field is estimated to hold about 2 trillion cubic feet of lean gas in place, according to Eni, which has been operating in Indonesia since 2001.
“Today’s approval of the Merakes plan of development is a milestone for the development of our most recent discovery in the Kutei Basin,” Eni’s CEO, Claudio Descalzi, said in a company statement.
“It is a fundamental step to progress towards the final investment decision of the project. Merakes is another outcome of the Eni ‘near field’ exploration and appraisal strategy. We are proud of Eni’s partnership with Indonesia, a key country in the company’s global strategies,” he added.
Eni is the operator of East Sepinggan PSC, which contains the Merakes field, through its subsidiary Eni East Sepinggan Limited, which holds an 85 percent participating interest. Pertamina Hulu Energy holds the remaining 15 percent.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.