ConocoPhillips Contracts Rowan Jackup
ConocoPhillips Skandinavia AS (COPSAS) has awarded Rowan Companies plc a contract for the Rowan Norway N-class ultra-harsh environment jackup, Rowan reported Thursday.
Rowan stated that COPSAS’ estimated seven-month rig contract should commence during the second quarter of this year and is subject to partner approval. The company added that, following the initial contract term, COPSAS has two options. The duration of the first option is an estimated five months and the duration of the second option is an estimated nine months, Rowan noted.
Placed into service in 2011, the Rowan Norway can operate in up to 400 feet of water and boasts a maximum drilling depth of 35,000 feet, Rowan states on its website.
Turkish Petroleum is currently contracting the Rowan Norway in the Mediterranean Sea until approximately April 2019, Rowan stated.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Repsol Makes Gas Discovery in Indonesia (Feb 20)
- ConocoPhillips Contracts Rowan Jackup (Jan 10)
- ConocoPhillips Plans for $6.1B Capital Spend in 2019 (Dec 10)
Company: Rowan Companies more info
- ExxonMobil Extends Rowan Drillship Contract (Feb 14)
- Ensco and Rowan Amend Merger Agreement (Jan 29)
- Ensco and Rowan Extend Time to Decide on Merger (Jan 18)