Cheniere Strikes LNG Deal with Glencore
Cheniere Energy, Inc. (NYSE American: LNG) has announced that its subsidiary, Cheniere Marketing LLC, has entered into a binding liquefied natural gas sale and purchase agreement with a subsidiary of Glencore plc.
As part of the deal, Glencore has agreed to purchase approximately 0.8 million tons per annum of LNG from Cheniere Marketing on a free-on-board basis for a term of approximately 13 years beginning in April 2023, Cheniere revealed. The purchase price for LNG under the SPA is indexed to the Henry Hub price, plus a fixed liquefaction fee, Cheniere noted.
“We are pleased to announce this long-term SPA with Glencore, one of the world’s largest producers and marketers of commodities and a significant player in the global LNG market,” Jack Fusco, Cheniere’s president and chief executive officer, said in a company statement.
“This agreement once again reinforces Cheniere’s position as a leading global LNG provider, and we look forward to a successful long-term relationship with Glencore,” he added in the statement. “This SPA further builds upon Cheniere’s commercial momentum, marking another important milestone in contracting our LNG capacity ahead of an FID of Corpus Christi Stage 3, which we expect to occur next year,” Fusco went on to say.
The Corpus Christi Stage 3 project is being developed to include up to seven midscale liquefaction trains with a total expected nominal production capacity of approximately 10 million tons per annum, Cheniere highlighted, adding that it has received all necessary regulatory approvals. The development would bring the Corpus Christi Liquefaction facility’s total nominal capacity to approximately 25 million tons per annum, Cheniere outlines on its website.
Earlier this month, Cheniere announced that its subsidiary, Cheniere Marketing, had entered into an LNG SPA with ENN LNG (Singapore) Pte Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of ENN Natural Gas Co., Ltd. Under the deal, ENN LNG has agreed to purchase approximately 0.9 million tons per annum of LNG from Cheniere Marketing on a free-on-board basis for a term of approximately 13 years beginning in July 2022.
Cheniere Energy, Inc. is the leading producer and exporter of LNG in the United States, according to its website, which highlights that the company is a full-service LNG provider, with capabilities including gas procurement and transportation, liquefaction, vessel chartering and LNG delivery. Cheniere has one of the largest liquefaction platforms in the world, consisting of the Sabine Pass and Corpus Christi liquefaction facilities on the U.S. Gulf Coast, with expected total production capacity of approximately 45 million tons per annum of LNG operating or under construction, the company highlights on its site.
To contact the author, email email@example.com
What do you think? We’d love to hear from you, join the conversation on the
Rigzone Energy Network.
The Rigzone Energy Network is a new social experience created for you and all energy professionals to Speak Up about our industry, share knowledge, connect with peers and industry insiders and engage in a professional community that will empower your career in energy.
Editor | Rigzone
- USA EIA Hikes Up 2023 and 2024 Brent Oil Price Forecasts
- Macquarie Group Reveals Oil Market Outlook
- Chevron Starts Up Gorgon Extension Project
- Biden Urged to Demand Climate Emergency as Smoke Chokes Washington
- Eni Inks Deal to Build Hybrid Renewables-Gas Plant in Kazakhstan
- Enagas Opens Logistics Bidding for Mothballed Asturias Terminal
- ADNOC Chief: Shift from Fossil Fuel Unavoidable
- Oil Down as Demand Concerns Supercede Saudi Cuts
- Improved Wage Offer Ends North Sea Dispute
- Global Oil Demand for Road Transport to Peak in 2027: BNEF
- Saudis Remind Global Oil Market Who is King
- Saudi to Cut Output by 1MM BPD in Solo OPEC+ Move
- Data Science is the Future of Oil and Gas
- Debt Ceiling Deal Becomes Law
- Two Main Forces Have Come Together to Pull Down Commodity Prices
- What Do Latest OPEC+ Moves Mean?
- Fatality At North Rankin Complex
- USA Shale Seen Holding Firm on Returns
- Par Pacific Completes Buy of ExxonMobil Refinery
- North America Loses More Rigs
- Which Generation Is Most in Demand in Oil, Gas Right Now?
- Who Is the Most Prolific Private Oil and Gas Producer in the USA?
- BMI Reveals Latest Brent Oil Price Forecasts
- Is There a Danger That Oil and Gas Runs out of Financing?
- BMI Projects Gasoline Price Through to 2026
- What Will World Oil Demand Be in 2023?
- North America Rig Count Reduction Rumbles On
- What New Oil and Gas Jobs Will Exist in the Future?
- What Does a 2023 USA Recession Mean for Oil and Gas in the Country?
- USA Oil and Gas Supported Nearly 11MM Jobs