BHGE to Close Schertz Facility by End of Year
Turbomachinery & Process Solutions (TPS) Gas Processing, a part of Baker Hughes, a GE Company (BHGE), will be closing its Schertz facility, resulting in the layoffs of hundreds of employees, according to data sent to the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC).
The bulk of layoffs will begin in September and continue through December. A total of 266 workers across multiple departments of the company (including manufacturing, sourcing, materials, finance, HR, administrative, HSE and engineering) will be affected.
“We have made the difficult decision to close our gas processing facility in Schertz by the end of this year,” a company spokesperson said in an emailed statement to Rigzone. “This decision comes after a careful review of how best to adjust our operations to best align where future business and opportunity exists.”
Despite closing the facility, TPS is not exiting its gas processing business, the spokesperson said, adding that the company will continue to service its gas processing customers with existing capabilities at other sites.
All impacted employees will receive wage and benefits payments for the full 60-day notification period and some employees will receive severance pay as well.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- US Drillers Leave Oil Rig Count Unchanged -Baker Hughes (Jul 13)
- US Drillers Add Oil Rigs for First Week in Three -Baker Hughes (Jul 06)
- Baker Hughes: US Oil Drillers Cut Rigs For Second Week In A Row (Jun 29)
Company: GE Oil & Gas more info
- Myanmar Shwe Contract Goes to McDermott, BHGE (Jun 27)
- GE to Pursue 'Orderly Separation' from BHGE (Jun 26)
- Chevron Awards BHGE Contracts for Next Gorgon Phase (Jun 26)