Baker Hughes Reports More USA Oil Rigs
Baker Hughes Co. (NYSE: BKR) on Friday reported the total number of rotary drilling rigs operating in the United States hit 417 this week – a six-unit week-on-week increase.
The most recent U.S. rig count reflects a six-unit increase in oil rigs (to 324) but no changes in the numbers of active gas rigs (92) and miscellaneous rigs (one), Baker Hughes stated.
Compared to the corresponding period in 2020, the U.S. count is down 311 rigs, the service company continued. It noted that 300 more oil rigs, 10 more gas rigs, and one more miscellaneous rig were operating a year ago.
The U.S. offshore rig count this week dipped by one to 12, compared to 18 at this time last year, Baker Hughes stated.
Baker Hughes also noted that Canada’s overall rig count fell by 11 this week to 81. The latest total for Canada comprises 31 oil rigs (down 10) and 50 gas rigs (down one), the firm pointed out.
Against the total 54-rig count for a year ago, 13 more oil and 14 more gas rigs are operating in Canada.
Baker Hughes obtains it working rig location information in part from Enverus, which produces daily rig counts using GPS tracking units.
To contact the author, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Which Generation Is Most in Demand in Oil, Gas Right Now?
- Will OECD or OPEC Produce More Petroleum in 2023?
- Trade Sanctions on Russia Led to Rise in Dark Oil Ship Transfers: Report
- NNPC: Nigeria Government Owes Over $6B in Fuel Subsidy Debt
- API Names New Policy Head
- Junking New Coal Projects Less Costly than Retirement: Think-Tank
- EMEA Oil and Gas Firms to Maintain Robust Free Cash Flows: Fitch
- China Is Drilling a 10K Meter Deep Hole Into Earth's Crust
- UN Starts Safer Supertanker Operation
- Tsakos Posts 28-Fold Rise in Quarterly Profit Year on Year
- Is There a Danger That Oil and Gas Runs out of Financing?
- Half of Oil and Gas Workers Find Their Work Exhausting
- North America Rig Count Reduction Rumbles On
- Riled on Nord Stream Probe, Russia Summons European Envoys
- Aker BP Makes Significant Oil Find Offshore Norway
- China Solar Exports Grow to $52B
- Top Headlines: What Will World Oil Demand Be in 2023?
- Saudi Arabia Snaps Up Russian Diesel and Sends Its Own to Europe
- UK Lowers Energy Ceiling Prices
- Analyst Flags USA-Made Oil, Gas Field Machinery Order Trend
- Who Is the Most Prolific Private Oil and Gas Producer in the USA?
- USA EIA Slashes 2023 and 2024 Brent Oil Price Forecasts
- BMI Reveals Latest Brent Oil Price Forecasts
- OPEC+ Has Lots of Dry Powder for Further Cuts
- Could the Oil Price Crash in 2023?
- BMI Projects Gasoline Price Through to 2026
- Invictus Strikes Oil, Gas in Zimbabwe
- TechnipFMC Bags Exxon Deal Worth At Least $500MM
- What Will World Oil Demand Be in 2023?
- Current Oil Price Pullback Wrapped Into Recession Fears