Company Overview: UL LLC, Hazardous Locations, Gas & Oil
333 Pfingsten Road
Northbrook, IL 60062-2096
Executive Contact: Jerilyn Merrill
Our expertise provides peace of mind regarding explosion hazards for the oil and gas, chemical, agricultural, energy, transportation, pharmaceuticals and mining industries. UL is the symbol most worthy to be associated with your product or service .
The HazLoc, Gas & Oil services that UL provides encompass the following areas of focus:
- Equipment testing, certification and repair facility services, including IECEx, ATEX, INMETRO, and UL/C-UL conformity assessment schemes for onshore and offshore HazLoc equipment
- Flammable and combustible fluids equipment, including IECEE, IECEx, ATEX, and UL/C-UL conformity assessment schemes for gas and oil equipment
- Offshore oil and gas applications, including IECEx, ATEX, INMETRO, and UL/C-UL conformity assessment schemes for HazLoc equipment in the factory or in the field
- Personnel competency, including IECEx Certificate of Personnel Competence (CoPC) Scheme and the CompEx Scheme
- Production quality assessment, including IECEx, ATEX, and INMETRO quality assessment reports (QARs) and production quality assurance notifications (PQANs)
- Safety science research, including research that regularly drives advancements in national and international codes and standards
- Technical education and training, including private workshops in customer facilities and public workshops at one of UL's offices or other convenient public venues
The industry stakeholders supported by these global services include: Equipment manufacturers, End users, Inspection and regulatory community, and Codes and standards development organizations from around the world.
Number of Employees: 12000