Company Overview: U.S. Department of the Interior
Contact InformationWebsite: www.doi.gov
Phone: (202) 208-3100
The Mission of the Department of the Interior is to protect and provide access to our Nation's natural and cultural heritage and honor our trust responsibilities to tribes.
Interior's bureaus play a vital role in accomplishing the overall mission of the Department.
- Bureau of Land Management: To sustain the health, diversity, and productivity of the public lands for the use and enjoyment of present and future generations.
- Minerals Management Service: To manage the mineral resources on the outer continental shelf in an environmentally sound and safe manner and to timely collect, verify, and distribute mineral revenues from Federal and Indian lands.
- Office of Surface Mining Reclamation and Enforcement: To carry out the requirements of the Surface Mining Control and Reclamation Act in cooperation with States and tribes.
- Bureau of Reclamation: To manage, develop, and protect water and related resources in an environmentally and economically sound manner in the interest of the American public.
- U.S. Geological Survey: To provide the Nation with reliable, impartial information to describe and understand the earth.
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service: To conserve, protect and enhance fish and wildlife and their habitats for the continuing benefit of the American people.
- National Park Service: The National Park Service preserves unimpaired the natural and cultural resources and values of the National Park System for the enjoyment, education, and inspiration of this and future generations. The Park Service cooperates with partners to extend the benefits of natural and cultural resource conservation and outdoor recreation throughout this country and the world.
- Bureau of Indian Affairs: To enhance the quality of life, to promote economic opportunity in balance with meeting the responsibility to protect and improve the trust resources of American Indians, Indian Tribes and Alaska Natives.
Line of Business: Governmental management of land and resources