Oil & Gas Company Directory

Company Overview: Lakehead Pipe Line Partners

Company Information
Lakehead Pipe Line Partners
Lake Superior Place
21 West Superior Street
Duluth, MN 55802-2067

Contact Information
Website: www.lakehead.com
Phone: 218-725-0100
Phone: 218-725-0109
Investor Contact: Tracy Barker

Since 1949, Lakehead Pipe Line and its Canadian affiliate Enbridge Pipelines Inc., a subsidiary of Enbridge Inc., have owned and operated the world's longest liquid petroleum pipeline system, spanning approximately 3,100 miles across North America. Enbridge (U.S.) Inc., also a subsidiary of Enbridge Inc., operates the Lakehead Pipe Line system through service agreements.
  • The Lakehead Pipe Line system transports crude oil and natural gas liquids in the United States from production fields in Western Canada, Western U.S. and the Gulf to refineries in the Upper Midwest and Ontario, Canada.
  • Lakehead's 3,250 miles of pipe span 1,750 miles through right-of-ways granted by nearly 8,000 individual landowners in seven states from the international boundary near Neche, North Dakota to the international boundary near Marysville, Michigan, with an extension across the Niagara River into the Buffalo, New York area.
  • Since December 1991, the Lakehead Pipe Line system has been owned and operated as a publicly traded master limited partnership known as Lakehead Pipe Line Partners, L.P. During 1999, deliveries by the partnership averaged 1,369,000 barrels per day.
  • Over 85% of the limited partnership interest or 24,990,000 Class A Common Units is widely held by approximately 40,000 individual investors. The remaining 15% is owned by Lakehead Pipe Line Company, Inc., an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of Enbridge Inc. of Alberta, Canada.

Quick Facts

Line of Business: Pipeline transportation of crude oil
Ownership: Public
Stock Exchang: NYSE
Stock Ticker: LHP