Training Provider: Signa Engineering Corp.
Signa Engineering Corp. Shortening your company's Learning Curve
The biggest obstacle when implementing drilling technologies like Managed Pressure Drilling (MPD), UnderBalanced Drilling (UBD/UBO) and Extended Reach Drilling (ERD) is teaching personnel how to properly use it. Signa Engineering Corp. offers a perfect third-party training solution for that problem.
Signa instructors are petroleum engineers and operations specialists with years of on-the-job experience. We provide comprehensive and easy-to-understand classroom material to show your employees how to implement new technology in the field or in the office.
Signa has provided training for hundreds major and small operators, independents and service companies. We provide monthly classes at our Houston location or custom training to fit our client's specific needs. For projects where Signa has developed engineering or operations plans, our instructors provide custom "hands-on" training for all essential client personnel. Training times can range from several days to several weeks.
Regular classes include:
Managed Pressure Drilling (MPD) School (4-1/2 day)
Learn how to proactively manage annular hydraulic pressure profiles to mitigate risk/costs associated with drilling in narrow, downhole environmental limits. Signa Exec. VP George Medley is the primary instructor. Specialized topics include:
- MPD technology and candidate identification
- MPD technique selection
- MPD planning and design
- Hole cleaning and cuttings transport
- MPD required equipment
- MPD variations including "MudCap"
- Hands-on exercises using Signa's hydraulic simulation software (incl. 6-mo. license)
- Pore pressures & frac gradients
- Fluid selection
- Connections and tripping
- MPD completions
UnderBalanced Operations Training (2-1/2 day)
Learn how to proactively maintain and control underbalanced conditions throughout a section of hole or the entire wellbore. Promotes problem solving while giving attendants a detailed, concise understanding of safe UBO processes. Specialized topics include:
- Determine if UBO is the right decision for you
- Select the proper technique (gas, mist, MudCap, flow drilling, aerated, etc.)
- Choose the right drilling fluid (air, natural gas, nitrogen, foam, oil or light mud)
- Plan for hazardous formations (massive LC zones or H2S)
- Select the right surface equipment (rotating head, flowlines, chokes, separators, etc.)
- Select the proper completion technique (ensure UBO is maintained throughout)
Fundamentals of Petroleum for Non-Technical Personnel (2-1/2 day)
Get your employees the basic petroleum training they need. This class educates attendees about the entire petroleum industry in an applied, interesting manner. Rig visit is included in Houston, TX area. Specialized topics include:
- The many disciplines involved in the petroleum industry
- Everyday terms and jargon of the industry
- Complexity involved with finding, drilling & producing hydrocarbons
- The drilling rig and its components
- Basic drilling and production operations
- Teamwork required to make operations efficient and profitable
For more information on our training programs, please contact Dave Roseland, Sr. VP of Training, at 281-774-1026, or click here visit our the training section of our website.