Our mission is to find, produce and deliver petroleum, natural gas and other energy-related products which enrich the lives of our customers and fuel the world's economy. In carrying out this purpose, we will create wealth for our shareholders and opportunities for our employees. We will achieve operational and financial objectives with a high regard for safety and environmental stewardship.
- Early in this century, The Ohio Oil Company was one of the first to build and operate an interstate pipeline, and today Marathon pipelines remain among the three largest cargo carriers of crude and product, on a combined basis.
- Marathon helped to pioneer the development of a liquefied natural gas project in Alaska and today, with partner Phillips Petroleum Company, operates the country's only LNG export business.
- Marathon is a leader in many technical fields, notably cross-linked polymer gels. Marathon gels afford better production control by invading rock pore spaces to reduce permeability. Companies all over the world license Marathon technology.
- Marathon has a 62 percent interest in Marathon Ashland Petroleum LLC, a newly-formed company that began operations on January 1, 1998, and which is a combination of the major elements of Marathon and Ashland Inc.'s refining, marketing, and transportation operations.
- Marathon was the first company to offer an environmentally formulated gasoline available in all octane grades.
- Marathon is recognized for its expertise in reservoir management and modeling. We were one of the first to incorporate 3-D seismic attributes into constructing reservoir models.
- Marathon Power Company is active in developing, building and operating electric power generation projects around the world.
Line of Business: Oil exploration, production, and marketing
Stock Exchange: NYSE
Stock Ticker: MRO
Number of Employees: 32000
Products & Services
600 Grant Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15219