Midland, TX, US
Midland, TX, US
Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Midland, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Analyst will provide Measurement and Product Validation leadership to the organization to ensure hydrocarbon products are accurately measured and accounted for through application of standard operating procedures (SOP's), best practices (BP's) and training. The Analyst role will provide support to corporate and field operations with measurement and product validation activities, to include volumetric and compositional measurement through a variety of techniques. The Analyst will be required to evaluate customer needs and act upon customer requirements after careful global team planning. The Analyst will assume responsibility for the successful implementation of plans in a defined area of responsibility through strong business acumen and coordination to complete interrelated project goals. The Analyst will provide periodic assessment of progress and team capabilities to ensure transparency during advancement and completion of goals. The Analyst will publish clear, concise, and timely communication on their measurement and product validation activities. The analysts will assist in the development of training materials, best practices, and measurement operating procedures. This position is part of Anadarko's Onshore Construction Technology in Midland, TX.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in computer skills including proficiency with measurement applications such as ABB, Fisher, FlowCal, Agilent and Inficon, SCADA applications, drafting applications, SQL and Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with compositional analytical techniques, particularly gas chromatography.
- Experience with gas and liquid volumetric measurement techniques, particularly orifice, ultrasonic, and coriolis.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective training to personnel of various knowledge and experience levels.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Ability to travel to meet field and corporate measurement customer service needs.
- Develop training programs and conduct training to increase personnel awareness toward standardization with emphasis on publishing, reviewing and owning Measurement Best Practices and Measurement Operating Procedures.Thereby elevating measurement technician knowledge and competency.
- Evaluate field and corporate measurement processes and provide recommendation for improved efficiency with emphasis on accurate measurement data reporting.
- Provide technical support to measurement facility and plant startup activities including, review of project proposals, review of P&IDs, support to construction activities including commissioning of measurement and product validation equipment.
- Troubleshoot and identify measurement operation issues, provide root cause analysis and draft resolution recommendations.
- Audit field measurement facilities and procedures to identify opportunities for improvement to measurement standardization, best practices, and operational efficiencies to ensure contractual measurement compliance.
- Provide leadership to field technicians through training, support, troubleshooting and auditing.
- Willingness to adhere to the Anadarko Core Values (Integrity and Trust, Servant Leadership, People and Passion, Commercial Focus, Open Communication)
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
Certification / Licenses
Valid driver's license with no restrictions that would prohibit driving a company vehicle is required.
The position is eligible for relocation.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 25-50%. Travel is within the continental United States.
This position is eligible for a 5/40 or 9/80 work schedule.
Anadarko is among the world’s largest independent oil and natural gas exploration and production companies, with corporate offices in the Woodlands, Texas. Our deep and balanced portfolio of assets encompasses premier positions in major U.S. onshore shale and resource plays, and oil-focused opportunities in deep-water basins worldwide.
Each day, we are focused on our core values of integrity and trust, servant leadership, commercial focus, people and passion and open communication in all of our business activities. We are committed to our mission of delivering a competitive and sustainable rate of return to shareholders by exploring for, acquiring and developing oil and natural gas resources vital to the world's health and welfare. At Anadarko, we directly employ more than 4,900 men and women and we strive for excellence in all that we do. We know the best vision in the world will not be realized without the right people.
At Anadarko, we set ambitious goals and take disciplined risks to achieve them. We need individuals who will take on this challenge. We’re planning for the future and looking for exceptional people to be part of it.
Visit our channel on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/AnadarkoTV
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/anadarko-petroleum-corporation