Midland, TX, US
Midland, TX, US
Skills: Safety Officer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Midland, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Job Title: Safety Specialist
Work Location: Midland/Odessa region
Schedule: 5/2 with on-call duties
A successful candidate will exhibit characteristics that support the following:
o Communicates for Alignment
o Applies Business Savvy
o Sells Ideas
o Takes a Stand
o Builds Capability
o Enables High Performance
- Demonstrate and encourage a safety culture that embraces the concepts of health, safety, and environmental processes, standards, and procedures.
- Provide expertise to both field and staff operations personnel that will assist in obtaining clear interpretation of regulations, standards, and company safety policies / procedures.
- As an on-call accident responder, assist in the transportation and medical evaluation process that ensure appropriate medical care, and managing the care so as to prevent unnecessary OSHA recordable injuries and illnesses. This includes assisting in the facilitation of follow-up care as mandated by state / federal laws, and company policies.
- Lead accident investigations and facilitation of root cause analysis. Provide solid recommendations to management for mitigating risk associated with operational activities.
- Conduct worksite audits to anticipate and identify potential leading indicators. Communicate results in a manner that will assist operations in understanding risk while holding paramount the safety of workers, the general public, facilities, and the environment.
- Help develop new safety practices, conduct training sessions for field employees and management, and monitor and assess the program's progress.
- Develop and effectively deliver safety meeting topics to a large audience, facilitate discussions, and add value to the awareness of HSE.
- Attend local and regional industry safety meetings and report best practices to both operational and safety management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
o AS degree in HSE, or H.S diploma with minimum of 2 years full-time experience in safety or a combination of both training and experience.
o Solid understanding of oil and gas production and construction activities in both green field and brown field environments.
o Ability to work weekends and holidays as needed.
o Must be able to climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator.
o Solid proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
o Knowledge of applicable OSHA, BSEE, DOT, and EPA regulations and possess the ability to analyze, and interpret those regulations, standards, and company/customer HSE policies and procedures.
o Possess the ability to present data in a manner conducive to both line and management levels.
o Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team.
o Accredited professional certifications including STS, OHST, CHST, CSP, and CSHO is a plus.
o Current OSHA 500 or 501 certification is a plus.
o First responder, EMT certification, or other relevant medical experience is a plus.
· Job duties are spread amongst a geographic radius that will require daily travel and occasional (10% - 20%) overnight stays.
Why work for Danos?
Danos offers competitive wages, sustainable health benefits, 401K company match, and opportunities for employee development.
Sounds like your ideal employer?
Apply today! Visit www.danos.com to complete a general application or to review additional openings.
Danos is an equal opportunity employer.