Lead Analyst, Payroll LOCATION:
Houston, TX NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas industry. Our client, an energy company focusing on LNG is looking to hire a Lead Analyst, Payroll on a direct hire basis based in the Houston, TX. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Preparation and processing of the bi-weekly multi-state payrolls for 1,100+ employees using the ADP WFN payroll platform.
- Preparation and processing of special payrolls, as necessary.
- Accurate processing of all mandatory and voluntary deductions as well as garnishments, liens, direct deposit requests.
- Assist with Time and Attendance issues.
- Interface with the IT team on special projects.
- Prepare rates for Project Accounting on a monthly and annual basis.
- Provide payroll accounting with allocation of costs for stock and bonus payrolls.
- Prepare worker's compensation estimates for renewals for Treasury.
- Research and resolve payroll related questions from employees and managers.
- Provide excellent customer service to all employees regarding time and payroll questions.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field or equivalent experience required.
- Eight or more years of experience in multi-state payroll are required. Experience working in a high-growth global organization is preferred.
- Experience operating in multiple payroll systems (ADP WorkforceNow is a plus)
- Strong understanding of payroll and tax withholding compliance obligations
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to display critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Capable of working independently as well as within a team; frequently serve as advisor to management as key technical specialist
- With limited guidance, responsible for working on unique and complex assignments/projects
- Independently determines methods and procedures on new assignments, providing technical guidance to others as appropriate
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Possess strong ethical standards regarding the handling of confidential information
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (primarily Excel).
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.