Skills: Engineering Manager
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Cambridge, MA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Head of Manufacturing
Location; Cambridge (5 minutes’ walk from Cambridge train station)
Salary; £Circa £85,00- £90,000 dependent on experience may be possible flex + bonus & excellent benefits
As the Head of Manufacturing you’ll oversee the development, manufacture and delivery of in-house designed products, as well as actively participating in development and delivery of products sourced via third parties.
Your role is primarily office based with regular visits to other Connected Home sites in the UK (Leicester, London) and occasional visits to suppliers and manufacturing facilities in the UK and overseas.
What will you be up to?
- Own and take responsibility for the performance of the Connected Home Manufacturing Operations group, ensuring that internal SLAs and KPIs are consistently and economically achieved
- Agree, define and manage the Objectives of the group members, ensuring that they align with and support company objectives
- Provide day to day leadership, management and support to the group
- Ensure that the group members have appropriate resources and training to achieve their objectives
- Play a significant role in, and take ultimate responsibility for, the selection and qualification process for key manufacturing supply chain partners such as CEMs and key component manufacturers
- Support the negotiation and review processes for key manufacturing and component supply contracts
- Ensure that all NPI-related Manufacturing Operations activities are carried out in a timely and economical way, and that the group is appropriately resourced to support all agreed projects
- Ensure that volume demand is converted to volume supply in the most economic and timely way possible, given the prevailing business requirements
- Create and manage a continuous cost and lead-time reduction process for the company’s products
- Take responsibility for continuous quality improvement in the supply chain
To be brilliant in this role you will have/be
- A degree or equivalent in a relevant Electronics/Manufacturing/Production Engineering discipline, backed by relevant business experience and training
- Extensive demonstrable knowledge and experience in relevant roles (electronics product manufacturing)
- Experience in relevant managerial roles
- Fluent use of information systems and technology (computer literacy in standard office tools such as spreadsheets, email systems, etc.)
- Experience of materials and purchasing management in the electronics sector
- Experience of managing external subcontractors
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of modern electronics manufacturing techniques
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of manufacturing costing (e.g. BOM roll-ups, time study)
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of Contract Electronics Manufacturing, preferably in Eastern Europe and Asia (e.g. pricing, contracts, SLAs, KPIs)
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Head of Manufacturing R9938497’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.