Skills: CAD / CAM, Electrical Engineering, Project Management
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Clear Lake City, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Working under moderate supervision, is responsible for specific portions of larger tasks involving design and development of hardware, systems or projects. Individual errors will directly affect, to a moderate degree, the overall pace of production, quality of product, or overhead costs for projects and/or schedules.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides design or technical support to the Project Team or other functional groups as directed by the Project Manager. **E**
- Supports the development of the Project Plan.
- Executes planned and assigned tasks including concept and detailed design, trade studies, and various analyses in support of the cognizant engineer or Project Manager. **E**
- Supports the cognizant engineer in specification and requirements definition for subcontractor and/or vendor activities.
- Assists Project Manager as directed in development of proposals, change requests, design reviews, feasibility and trade studies, etc. **E**
- May function as liaison with internal functional groups such as manufacturing, SRM/QA, or analysis. **E**
- Performs technical analysis as directed. **E**
- Prepares design or other formal documentation as directed. **E**
- May perform other technical duties as required by Project Manager or cognizant engineer.
- This position has supervisory responsibilities.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Bachelor degree in Engineering or Physics, or equivalent experience, plus 2-7 years of practical engineering experience or advanced degree.
Good written and oral communication skills. Analytical, mathematical and/or mechanical skills required.
Electro-mechanical hardware design and validation experience (3 years min)
Excellent mechanical design skills and good knowledge of electronics for technical risk management
Excellent CAD proficiency in both ProE and SolidWorks
Excellent communication (written and oral) skills
Excellent task and requirement organization skills
Experience with 3D Printing of parts and electronics packaging
Experience with Space Flight Hardware requirements and compliant designs
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.