Skills: Decommissioning, Project Engineer, Subsea Engineering
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Exciting new role in this morning with our client, who are an Operator in Aberdeen, they have a requirement for an experienced Subsea Operations Engineer.
This is a contact role up to 12 months
Working within the Subsea Infrastructure Decommissioning (SID) project delivery team, the Subsea Operations Engineer shall be responsible for assisting with execution of safe, efficient and compliant decommissioning of the subsea infrastructure.
The Subsea Operations Engineer shall assist with the day to day management of the subsea contractor undertaking the EPRD scope. The role will have input into the preparation, conduct and close out of subsea operations and where necessary shall provide offshore and onshore supervision of those operations. Liaison with Joint Venture partner will also be required.
- Review and approve subsea contractor deliverables e.g. procedures, plans, drawings, calculations, etc. Provide best practice feedback as required.
- Participate at internal and external HAZID, HAZOP, HIRA and Risk Review sessions.
- Identify action and close out the appropriate vessel assurance audits, for the offshore tasks to be undertaken.
- Attend and witness any onshore trials and testing that maybe required.
- Oversee the chain of custody for recovered subsea equipment and assist with assurance of the integrity of materials tracking and reconciliation.
- Ensure that offshore operations are undertaken to achieve the requirements of the contract scope of work and approved decommissioning programmes
- Offshore supervision and Company representation for all classes of subsea construction and intervention vessels.
Assist with close out reporting of the subsea infrastructure decommissioning work scopes.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum BSc/BEng (Engineering Discipline).
- Significant oil industry experience, including time spent in a technical role as a Subsea Engineer within an Operator or as Lead Project Engineer within a subsea contractor.
- Project management/operations experience of undertaking subsea decommissioning or construction within an Operator environment.
Previous experience acting as the offshore Company representative, in particular during diving, ROV and survey operations.