Skills: Instrumentation Technician, Pipeline Services
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Hutchinson, KS, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is one of the largest publicly traded partnerships and a leading North American provider of energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, natural gas liquids, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Enterprise Products is ranked 104th on the FORTUNE 500 and has approximately 6,900 employees. Enterprise's large, integrated portfolio of operationally and geographically diverse assets, highlighted by its 51,000-mile pipeline network, serves as the foundation for organic growth opportunities. As a provider of largely fee-based services, Enterprise is less susceptible to commodity price fluctuations and offers stable sources of revenue. The partnership's service offerings include onshore and offshore energy gathering, processing, storage, fractionation, terminalling, transportation, offshore platforms, import/export capabilities and marketing. Enterprise also has a marine transportation business that operates primarily on the United States inland and Intracoastal Waterway systems and in the Gulf of Mexico. Additionally, energy professionals are discovering rewarding opportunities with Enterprise Products by putting their skills to work in exciting new growth areas, developing markets and pursuing innovative solutions for meeting the needs of customers and promote energy security for the country.
The Pipeline Technician maintains and operates pipeline assets including, but not limited to, valve manifolds, pig launchers and receivers, compressor stations, dehydration units, amine process plants, and control and pump stations. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintenance and operation of custody transfer measurement facilities and perform product quality control tests.
- Locate pipelines as needed and oversee excavations and line crossings.
- Launch and receive cleaning pigs and assist with the launch and receiving of smart pigs.
- Install pipeline markers and do routine inspections on ROW.
- Maintain and operate corrosion control equipment.
- Attend and participate in damage prevention meetings.
- Interface with various landowners including private, state, and federal agencies.
- Knowledgeable of environmental regulations and Company policies.
- Meet requirements of Company Operator Qualification Program, perform identified covered tasks and remain compliant.
- Attend training programs on a continuing basis; including computer based training.
- Attend all safety meetings and safety training courses as required by Company and regulatory agencies.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- A minimum of a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is required.
- VoTech certificate or Associate's degree in Electrical/Electronics, Oil & Gas technical field or related work experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of the general design and operation of a liquid or gas pipeline is required.
- A valid driver's license with acceptable driving record is required.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in the operation, maintenance, and/or construction of a hazardous liquid or gas pipeline facility, or a similar facility/system is preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of industry related maintenance and repair standards is preferred.
- Knowledge of turbine engines, centrifugal pumps, regulators, MOVs, electronic controls and medium electrical voltage with an understanding of NGL or gas pipelines is preferred.
- The ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, such as, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical solutions is required.
- Basic computer skills such as: opening, creating and updating content in MS Word documents and Excel spreadsheets is required.
- Ability to assume responsibility, be flexible, perform duties and handle multiple tasks under potentially stressful and/or hazardous conditions.
- The ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with other individuals, teams, customers, and stakeholders of the business, at various levels of the organization, in a business like and professional manner is required.
- The ability to modify communication style in order to influence, persuade, negotiate, and engage all parties according to the audience and circumstance is required.
- Takes initiative and is proactive in addressing issues. Quickly and efficiently completes tasks.
- The ability to demonstrate conscientiousness, dependability and commitment to the role, team and company.
- Works indoors and outdoors in and around industrial and electrical equipment.
- Works in temperature extremes due to weather conditions and operating equipment.
- Uses physical force to lift, push, pull and hold equipment and tools.
- Climbs and works at various heights and may work in a standing, sitting, lying down, crouched or kneeling position.
- Routinely reacts to visual, aural and other signals, including alarms and instructions, and is required to visually inspect work.
- May work in confined spaces (i.e., tanks, between compressors, vessels).
- Must be able to regularly bend, stoop, move from ground level to higher levels, raise/lift from ground level and lift up to 50 lbs., manually transport a load up to 75 lbs., apply up to 100 foot lbs. of torque.
- Must have ability to get in and out of vehicles regularly and ride over rough roads.
- Must wear special safety equipment while working and must be able to lift and put on emergency breathing apparatus and/or protective equipment.
- The ability to take call-outs and work overtime is required.
- Must live or relocate to within 1 hour of reporting location.