Skills: IT - Programming & Database, IT - Software Development
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: San Ramon, CA, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Cloud Engineer (ServiceNow) located in 426150, CA California / United States .
The Infrastructure Automation Engineer is responsible for the overall health, configuration and automation of the ServiceNow Cloud Management service. He/she is also responsible for monitoring and managing the services in ServiceNow. This role includes reporting, email notifications, creation/update of home pages and personalizing forms. This is a hands-on IT infrastructure position in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Configure and manage MID (Management, Instrumentation and Discovery) server for communication between ServiceNow, on-prem and off-prem sources
- Define job schedules for integrated applications and services for billing and service management
- Define and maintain promotion procedure to move changes from Dev to Test, and from Dev to Prod instances
- Define and maintain clone back procedure
- Engage with ServiceNow support to work with issues or change requests (HI Portal)
- Create and enhance workflows to the ServiceNow application including automation and/or additional self-service features and functions
- Install and configure the Cloud Management application for the provider (i.e. Azure, AWS or VMware)
- Customize user experience thru creation of provisioning rules and UI policies
- Typical day-to-day tasks include: approve change requests associated with modifications to cloud resource; view pending approvals for cloud resources; view and analyze summary data on cloud resource deployments and monitor requests and key metrics for cloud resources
- 1 to 3 years working with ServiceNow platform in an Admin/Developer enterprise-wide, multi-tier ServiceNow production environment; or equivalent cloud management platform at the same capacity
- Experience with workflow orchestration and service catalog design
- Working knowledge of cloud scripting languages preferably JSON, PowerShell or Python
- Basic understanding and ability to script automated processes
- Able to utilize web searches combining information snippets and assembling them to a usable documentation or script
- Demonstrated experience in at least 2 of the following areas:
- Hands-on experience integrating ServiceNow with external systems
- Client Side and Server Side Scripting (i.e. Catalog Client Script, Business Rules, Script Actions, Script Includes, etc.)
- Client and Server API’s (i.e. GlideDialogWindow, GlideForm, GlideAggregate, GlideRecord, etc.)
- Excellent time management, organizational skills, crisis management and problem-solving skills are essentials
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, teamwork and customer engagement skills
- Ensures information is accurate and complete
- Self-motivated and open to learn all aspects of cloud administration
- Must be willing to teach and share all knowledge with team members and other operational teams
- ServiceNow Administration certification is a plus
- ServiceNow Developer certification is a plus
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland