Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Corpus Christi, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Supervisor, Health and Safety
The Supervisor, Health and Safety (H&S), reports directly to the HSSE Manager and is responsible for supporting the development and implementation of Health and Safety programs across the facility, and supervision and management of personnel including Safety Specialists, Coordinators and Contractors.
Under general supervision, designs and implements programs, policies, procedures and processes in support of HSSE strategies, including but not limited to: process safety, emergency planning, and emergency response, and accident prevention, incident investigations via root cause analysis, hazard assessments, safety compliance issues, and safety management systems.
Also, maintains good working knowledge of a wide variety of safety regulations and potential issues, as well as proposed changes. The H&S Supervisor is responsible for performing tasks to ensure compliance with various federal, state and local regulatory requirements in-support of LNG operations. Other duties may include coordinating regulatory inspections, performing regulatory assessments, inspections & tasks, providing technical advice to operations/maintenance, conducting training, assisting in the preparation of presentations and technical reports, as well as interpretation of data.
H&S Coordinators, Emergency Response Coordinator, MOC Coordinator, Shift Safety Specialists. The H&S Supervisor is considered a leading role model in setting the company's safety, culture and developing similar safety and environmental consciousness in all employees.
Responsibilities / Duties:
· Lead the H&S Section of the Site HSSE department.
· Support the development and management of the HSSE Management System, Control of Work System and Process Safety Processes. Manage, file and record safety and health documentation in the site document management system.
· Assist the HSSE Manager with H&S information documentation to facilitate the operations and/or safety and health projects related to an LNG facility (including MOCs, PHAs, etc.).
· Monitor, assess, train and prepare reports to ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations, permit conditions, site-specific conditions, requirements, policies or other authorizing documents required by Federal, state and local regulatory agencies. Oversight of the facility behavior based safety (BBS) program designed to train and motivate personnel to minimize occupational accidents, injuries and hazards.
· Support the implementation of the BBS program, procedures, guidelines and work methods for operations and maintenance activities, training terminal personnel in all phases of the safety program and making safety recommendations, as needed.
· Oversee the specification, selection, and maintenance of H&S and personal protective equipment needed for employee safety or required to comply with all federal, state and local regulatory requirements and/or company policy or procedures.
· Interface with Federal, state and local agencies, and assist with the communication and coordination of company activities including field visits, and safety inspections with federal, state, and local agencies and outside organizations.
· Provide safety and health representation, advice, training, guidance and support to LNG Operations & Maintenance staff. Provide continuous reporting and compliance documentation to Manager, HSSE.
· Support clean-up efforts involving minor spills and may perform initial response and notifications to incidents or releases (Must be familiar with ERP and ICS).
· Participate and/or lead investigations of HSSE accidents, incidents, near misses and root cause analysis of safety issues (Experience with leading TapRoot or other comparable RCA methods preferable).
· Assist in coordinating safety and health training with the Technical Training Department.
· Monitor hazardous work and participate in planning and execution of work events that are unusual or potentially hazardous.
· Must be an expert in the work permitting process (CoW) at the site.
· Evaluate and identify Federal, state and local regulatory requirements and assist in the development and execution of policies, procedures, permits and/or execution strategy.
· Assist with the review and oversight of all new regulatory initiatives ensuring compliance with existing regulations dealing with safety for the terminal.
· Assist with the review all major capital projects and other projects to ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations.
· Must be willing to travel to/from off-site facilities periodically for day trips to the corporate office or offsite training.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to stand, walk, sit, climb stairs, work at height above ground on stairs and catwalks, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear, smell, type and write.
· Must be able to board a ship via a gangway, climb to the top of a tank (200+ steps), scale vertical steel ladder up to forty feet or more in height, and lift and move objects weighting up to 30 pounds.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work indoors and outdoors, and exposed to year around weather conditions.
· Specific vision abilities required include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
· Subject to drug and alcohol testing, per applicable federal regulations or as required, and biennial DOT Physical.
Qualifications: (Degree / Certification / License / Experience)
· Minimum of Bachelor Degree required in Occupational Safety & Health, Applied Science, Engineering, or relevant discipline.
· In lieu of degree, 20 years of directly related experience will be considered.
· Must be CPR, First Aid certified, or have the ability to obtain certification and have knowledge of emergency procedures.
· CSP/ASP Certification preferred.
· Minimum of ten (10) years of H&S experience in a hydrocarbon or petrochemical operating facilities.
· Minimum of five (5) years of supervisory/leadership experience in HSSE
· Minimum of 3 Years in development and management of HSSE Management Systems.
· Proven capability in preparation and presentation of HSSE information to a varying audience.
· Possess an understanding of LNG (or other cryogenic hydrocarbon liquids), transportation, storage and processing including safety, environmental, maintenance, operations, governmental regulations and associated codes and standards.
· Demonstrated knowledge of safety and health, designs and specifications, and requirements/regulations to develop and operate LNG facilities.
· Understand the various applicable Federal, state and local laws, regulations, codes and standards and permits required to develop and operate an LNG terminal, including but not limited to: DOT, OSHA, USCG, EPA, FERC, NFPA, the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Natural Gas Act, and knowledge in emergency response planning, techniques and reporting.
· Experienced with HSSE Management Systems development and implementation, Control or Work and Process Safety systems.
· Leadership and administrative abilities are required of the H&S Supervisor including experience supervising and leading work teams, and a demonstrated ability to develop working relationships and influence across multiple stakeholders such as production, maintenance, engineering departments etc.
· Current knowledge of HSSE regulatory requirements for Federal, state and local government agencies for LNG facilities and/or have the ability to learn and obtain necessary skill/knowledge requirements within timeframe designated by management.
· Knowledge of investigation techniques, root cause analysis, incident reporting and management and/or have the ability to learn and obtain necessary skill/knowledge requirements within timeframe designated by management.
· Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
· Knowledge of HSE Management, Control of Work and Process Safety Systems.
· Organized and able to manage multiple activities and programs timely and with a high degree of accuracy.
· Effective problem solving and analytical skills.
· Demonstrated proficiency in tools and systems to perform and direct HSSE analytical projects and work tasks.
· Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite consisting of Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
· Familiar with project management tools, schedule development and HSSE program implementation with Petrochemical facility start-ups.
· Must maintain or be eligible to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) in good standing status.
Competentia is more than a staffing company; we combine our long experience in the industry with a continuing commitment to innovation to provide a different level of customer service.
From the moment you begin planning your projects Competentia offers you real advantages in all areas related to staffing your teams and managing your manpower resources.
We offer strategic staffing solutions ranging from recruitment and onboarding to training, payrolling and mobilizing your human capital.
Above all we offer the expertise, experience and integrity to bring you genuine peace of mind as you manage one of the most challenging aspects of the modern technical market place.