Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Belle Chasse, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
• Participating and overseeing aspects of electrical engineering activities including: design, specifications and project management.
• Steward delivery of key project components through engineering, manufacturing and installation.
• Verify and manage the contractors and vendor progress through project execution.
• Work closely on the development of the Muskrat Falls generating station project, including construction power and other works as required.
• Review manufacturers' drawings and technical data to verify conformity with design criteria, technical specifications and standards, codes, practices and operating philosophy.
• Explore, analyze, and introduce new design concepts, solutions, and innovative methods for achieving the project's strategic objectives, relying on basic theory, first principles, and original ideas.
• Studies Drawings and specifications issued to the field and reports to Engineering Manager any ambiguities, interferences or errors found on the drawings, specifications and assigned work;
• Participate in review of Contractor's Quality Control program;
• Assist QA in review of Contractors material certification;
• Assist Home Office in preparation and conveyance of Engineering Change Notices;
• Provide technical support to construction activities at the worksite, while expediting design changes for timely response to Site Queries, Concession Requests and Change Requests;
• Advise Construction Manager and contractors on the interpretation of electrical drawings and specifications and advise on additional details or clarifications required from project design;
• Reviews proposals for field changes and substitutions and recommends action to Resident Engineer, Engineering Manager, and Construction Manager for approval;
~ Work with field engineers in problem recognition and resolution;
• Performs any other duties that may be requested by Resident Engineer; and, review of contractor's documentation related to electrical engineering works.
• Minimum of seven (7) years in the electrical engineering design field
• Will require significant electrical engineering experience in the refinery area involving turnarounds.
• Project management background with past experience on large scale projects.
• Demonstrated experience with identification of construction problems and resolution
• Demonstrated ability to verbally and graphically convey problem resolution to engineering and construction parties
• Familiarity required with codes and standards applicable with the discipline, particularly ASTM, IEEE, NEC, ANSI, IEC, CSA, ASME, and NFPA.
Established in 1991, Omega is a leading global supplier of systems and personnel to the oil and gas and energy sectors. We combine flexible personnel with expert software products to provide project teams with consistent, up to date information that improves communication, decision making and project performance.
Our business culture is transparent and open, with a service minded and entrepreneurial staff of almost 900 people of 35 different nationalities handled from 14 different offices worldwide. We can staff projects with experienced consultants or complete teams, across all disciplines, supporting projects in size from $100K to $10+ billion.