Skills: Marine Engineering, Port Operations, Ships Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The Port Engineer is responsible for ensuring that all vessels and equipment are maintained appropriately, and that all equipment meets class society standards. The port engineer will be responsible for leading their team, including vessel personnel and maintenance staff.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure all operations are performed in line with HSE policies
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained and meets class society standards
- Create and operate within a budget
- Lead marine & maintenance staff in all areas
- Establish performance expectations for reporting staff
- Develop work schedules to maximize efficiency
- Perform maintenance and repairs as required
- USCG Chief Engineering License
- 10+ years combined sailing / shoreside experience
- Understanding of USCG regulations
- Permanent US Working Rights
- Understanding of preventative maintenance schedules
- Ability to lead by example
- Ability to work in an office environment
- Ability to travel to offsite locations as required
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and early mornings as required
Core Group Resources is the bridge that connects the maritime and marine offshore oil & gas industries. We have in depth knowledge of these fields and can help you navigate this quickly expanding market. Core Group is actively assisting companies hiring topnotch marine engineers, operations, and commercial candidates with our expertise in the maritime industry.Companies who design, construct, service, and operate vessels of any type utilize us to find highly qualified individuals in business critical positions.
Candidates seeking navigation into the marine offshore industry both shoreside and seagoing, let us chart your career here. We have mapped out all verticals in this space and know where maritime professionals are best poised for rapid career growth. With strong projected growth in the offshore space, now is the time to partner with the leading Houston-based recruitment firm of Core Group Resources.