Skills: HR - General, HR - Recruitment
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Location(s): MN - Minneapolis
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow?- A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you-re looking for.
Primary contact and facilitator for HR services. Champions and implements HR initiatives and best practices. Provides HR related advice and counsel to business area employees and managers that is in accordance with company policies, practices, systems, and processes. Ensures compliance with federal and state legal requirements. Directs, implements and communicates programs and services in the areas of benefits, compensation, staffing, performance management and other HR areas.- This position will provide support for large, transformational project teams such as AGIS and UAS, and will collaborate with multiple business units and HR teams to design and implement talent processes for the resulting matrix organizations to ensure standardized approaches and quality talent management process execution.
- Acts as an internal consultant by analyzing and recommending standardized, integrated solutions to complex human resource issues relating to the business area and project team.
- Leads and partners with other HR areas on day-to-day performance management guidance to project and business unit management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions). Manage the performance management process to ensure effective and timely use. Support leaders in addressing and communicating employee performance issues and in developing performance improvement plans when necessary.
- Works with HR Business Partners and HR Generalists-to infuse employee insights into organizational strategies.
- Drives the development, coordination and recommendation of changes for the continuous improvement of HR and talent strategy processes.
- Collaborates with-HR and other key partner areas to develop, implement and communicate HR plans, programs and services to the project team and business areas.
- Partners with centers of excellence and HR business partners to design HR programs that enable project teams and business areas to meet their goals.
- Four years human resource generalist experience or related HR-experience.
- Bachelor-s Degree in HR or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Experience working on PTT, AGIS, or other large transformational projects
- Experience working with cross-functional, matrixed organizations
- Working knowledge of change management and organizational design best practices
- Ability to flexibly manage high degrees of ambiguity with project management, communication,-and consulting skills/tools
- Strong, direct front line leadership experience (coaching, influencing with and without authority, providing work direction, providing performance management feedback, participating in annual compensation/rewards processes,-managing bargaining and non-bargaining employees, etc.) may be considered-as related HR experience for the purpose of this rotational assignment-
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you-re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes:- MN - Minneapolis
Xcel Energy is a major U.S. utility which serves more than 3.5 million electric customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight states.
Our mission is to provide clean, safe reliable energy to our customers through a mix of sources including wind, solar, hydro, coal, nuclear and natural gas.