Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, Safety Officer, Safety Training Rep
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Malaysia
Qualifications & Certifications
• Recognized Tertiary level qualification & professional OHS Qualifications:
(Note: country of operation qualifications accepted as assessed against international standard levels)
• Incident Investigator (KTS)
• Valid BOSIET Certificate
• Valid OGUK Medical Certificate
• Preferably 2 years of experience - full-time safety professional (allied industries)
• Preferably some experience with Operations in drilling units
Skill / Attributes / Competencies
• Good level of verbal and written communication in English.
• Maintain BMI levels as per Company & Client's requirements
• The incumbent is expected to be mobile to cover similar roles within the fleet
• Meet the training requirements as per Company's training matrix
• Ability to competently and safely perform duties defined in the job description
• Preferably drilling and/or Marine and/or Lifting operations experience
• High level of Computer literacy (MS suite applications)
The Assistant Safety Training Officer is the designated "person in charge" to assist the Safety Training Officer with HSE guidance, investigation team member for all incident investigations and coaching with focus on local employees. He also provides HSE administration support to the STO and OIM, translates and interprets as required and supports continuous improvement activities.
Minimum Job Functions
Includes, but is not limited to and not in order of priority:
• Assisting in continually promoting safety awareness and safe work practice with all personnel, including 3rd party and operator personnel.
• Check that all Permits to Work are completed correctly and act as the OIM delegate for site inspection and safety compliance responsibilities as required
• Conduct required daily Permit-to-Work audits
• Attend Pre-tour meetings with all Departments to ensure content complies with requirements and assist supervisors through provision of information and advice.
• Ensure through daily random audit that pre-job safety meetings are in compliance with the company requirements (which include use of the 4-Point check / Energy Wheel and TBRA tools
• Conduct of training and instruction in the six SKD Red Directives and associated Procedures
• Participate in and as required, report on Emergency Drills, weekly General Safety meetings, Catering HSE meetings and monthly Safety Committee meetings.
• Investigation Team member for incident investigations as available.
• Conduct routine spot inspections and participate in rig area weekly condition & safety inspections
• Undertake quality compliance inspections for maintenance and operability of all emergency response equipment
• Assist department supervisors in documenting and maintaining all TBRA, rig specific Procedure and Detailed Instruction records.
• In conjunction with the STO, manage Synergi database entries in order to meet reporting deadlines, corrective action close-out accountabilities and entry quality checks
• Provide a training capability in relevant HSE related applications for all relevant employees on board.
• Maintain oversight of induction, workplace orientation and management of SSE's (Short Service Employee's) in accordance with procedure
• Observe personnel routinely and monitor compliance with all safety rules through coaching and positive developmental techniques.
• Review and assist to provide analysis of Hazard Observations, ensuring trends are recognised and corrective actions attended to.
• Undertake HLO duties as required or providing assistance / relief to the nominated HLO as required.
• Conduct coaching with junior crew in relation to safe work practice and skills, including but not restricted to the following;
o Hazard Identification Skills
o TBRA (Task Based Risk Assessment)
o 4-Point Check / Energy Wheel
o Permit to Work System (PTW)
o Environmental Awareness
o PPE fitting & correct use
o DROPS awareness
o Manual Handling techniques
o Confined Space awareness
o Firewatch duties
o Working at Height awareness
o Fire & other emergency response responsibilities
• Understand safety critical barrier responsibilities as defined within the Rigs safety case (available from your supervisor)
• Understand safety critical procedures, safety critical equipment and safety critical activities associated with safety critical barriers as defined within the Rigs safety case
• Maintain effectiveness of safety critical barriers as defined in the Rigs safety case
• Lead safety by example for all employees to follow
• Promotes safety awareness and safe work practice among all the personnel on board
• Implement and lead company and operator safety programs and initiatives
• Leading participation in and compliance with the Permit to Work system
• Conduct pre-tour and pre-job safety meetings in compliance with the company requirements (which includes use of the 4-Point check / Energy Wheel and TBRA tools), ensuring that crews have participated fully in discussions, have determined the safest method to complete the task and have a full understanding of the work to be performed (especially their individual role)
• Report all hazards and positively intervene in all observed unsafe acts (Stop Work Authority)
• Participate in emergency drills, including post-drill debriefs
• Attend General Safety Meetings
• Instruct his crews in the safest work methods and provide On-the-Job training
• Carry out all work activities within the guidelines of Company or Operator Policies or Procedures
• Ensuring he is familiar with any delegated responsibilities as detailed in the Operators Emergency Response Plan.
• Ensure proper use and care for their personal protective equipment
• Ensure that all work areas for personnel are always, so far as reasonably practical, safe and clean
• Motivate and coach crew in hazard identification skills and hazard observation program expectations
• Coach environmental awareness knowledge and commitment with all personnel
• Maintain a quality oversight of rig waste management processes, including segregation
• Maintain a quality oversight of rig chemical storage practices, containment measures and chemical labelling
• Develop junior crew knowledge in prevention of uncontrolled discharges through coaching in environmental hazard recognition and job planning to include barriers to prevent environmental damage
• Randomly inspect area Spill Kits to ensure contents are complete and scheduled inspections are being undertaken
Sapura Energy Berhad (“Sapura Energy” or “Group”) is a fully-fledged upstream player headquartered in Malaysia and one of the world’s largest integrated oil and gas services and solutions providers.
We provide a full spectrum of capabilities that covers the entire value chain of exploration, development, production and rejuvenation as well as decommissioning and abandonment.
With a multinational workforce comprising over 13,000 employees spanning 51 nationalities, comprehensive world-class assets and project management capabilities, the Group’s global presence is visible in over 20 countries. This includes Malaysia, China, Australia, Brazil, the United States of America, as well as those in Western Africa and the Middle East.
Sapura Energy is an international company with employees and clients from the world over. We offer opportunities to enhance your career across a full range of exciting roles in the upstream oil and gas industry: Fabrication, hook-up and commissioning, drilling services, production and exploration, geotechnical and geophysical survey, installation of pipelines and facilities, marine, diving and remotely operated underwater vehicle (ROV) services, operations and maintenance services.