Carrollton, TX, US
Carrollton, TX, US
Skills: Engineering Manager, Technical Manager
Experience: 13 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Carrollton, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Technology Manager with knowledge and experience in Managed Pressure Drilling and related systems is required to improve and develop the technologies to meet our strategic goals of growing our GeoBalance solutions. In addition, a Technology Manager with strong people and process skills will advance our efforts in HDfX, Continuous Improvement, and VaVe and help to improve and standardize our design practices.
This Technology Manager position, under broad direction, supervises technical/engineering personnel either directly or through team leaders; coordinates diverse activities primarily around Managed Pressure, Under Balanced Drilling, and Continuous Circulation Drilling technologies through mechanical and systems engineering disciplines; develops, prioritizes and justifies various projects, processes, and initiatives supporting strategic direction. -
The candidate for this position will work with the GeoBalance sub-PSL leadership and others to determine tactical direction balanced with policy/procedures, resource, and budget. -Responsibilities include managing department budget, managing performance and salaries of staff by hiring, firing, conducting check-ins and performance appraisals, coaching and mentoring for career and skills development, and arranging training.- Additional responsibilities include creating and standardizing technology processes within the GeoBalance sub-PSL in coordination with other sub-PSLs in Testing and Subsea and in conjunction with industry certifications and requirements (such as API).
Ideal candidate will possess systems engineering experience, engineering expertise in machined and fabricated products, exposure to oil field operations, and Managed Pressure or Under Balanced Drilling operations and/or engineering knowledge and experience.- Experience with project management, reliability analysis, and Six Sigma is a plus.-
Good general management skills, good personal, professional, and written communication skills, and teamwork skills as well as adaptability to change are critical for this position.
Technical skills for this position are typically acquired through an undergraduate degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Systems Engineering or equivalent degree, and minimum of 13 years of experience. Incumbents at this level will usually hold a certification as a Licensed/Chartered Professional Engineer
- Supervises subordinate supervisors and/or team leaders.
- Develops, prioritizes, and justifies various projects, processes and/or initiatives supporting strategic direction. Determines tactical direction with regard to policy/procedures, work force staffing, and budgeting.
- Manages and executes project plans.
- Participates in setting strategic direction. Develops and manages department budgets.
- Manages performance and salaries of staff by hiring, firing, conducting performance appraisals, coaching and mentoring for career and skills development, and arranging training.
- Leads a cross functional, cross department or cross Center team in developing, prioritizing and justifying various corporate projects, PSL projects and/or initiatives (e.g., standards, best practices, lessons learned)
- Possesses broad understanding of business aspects and associated technology of the PSL.
- Exhibits general management skills and understanding of associated computer aided product development tools.
- Supports reliability analysis and promotes optimum use of development tools and standards during the design process. Understands and promotes HES's quality directives.
- Incorporates project management techniques in all job processes
- Acts in a leadership role with corporate HSE initiatives.
- Represent HES with internal and outside organizations, such as suppliers and customers.
- Assists legal department in management of intellectual property in area of responsibility.
- Responsible for setting and oversight of the technical standards and procedures within areas of project responsibility.
- May provide direct technical leadership on one or more projects.
- Participates in and makes significant contributions to and may provide leadership in professional societies
-Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
2601 Belt Line Rd,-Carrollton,-Texas,-75006, United States-
Requisition Number: 41325-
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Testing and Subsea-
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:-