Skills: HR - General, HR - Trainer / Instructor
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Location(s): MN - Minneapolis
Is it time to see how all those college courses translate to the real world?- Are you ready to work alongside experienced professionals on real projects and issues? An internship at Xcel Energy will give you practical experience in the energy industry at a company that-s committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship.
Xcel Energy has an exciting opportunity for an HR Talent Strategy Coordinator Intern position. This paid internship will allow current students to gain insight in working with a Fortune 500 Company.
The Talent Strategy team at Xcel Energy supports transformational initiatives across the company. We partner with business leaders to meet there business objectives through organizational design and workforce planning.
This role provides support to the Human Resources Talent Strategy team located in our corporate office downtown Minneapolis. This role will partner with various Human Resource team members to help coordinate resources, meetings and materials for several transformational projects. Primary tasks include (but are not limited to) creation of process documents and procedures, materials, collecting and compiling information for reports or presentations, document review and editing. An important aspect of this role will be managing the content on our team SharePoint site.
- Assist with the design, creation and administration of a large training program including scheduling and sending invitations for sessions, tracking attendance and completion, managing calendar of events, printing and assembling materials for sessions or sending via email
- Responsible for tracking, analyzing and summarizing exit interview data for a large enterprise-wide project Provide support for change management activities for implementation of new software and process changes that are due to deploy in Q1 of 2018
- Provide support for focus groups and workshops to gather and document how process and software changes may drive the need for new skills and resources
- Assist in providing HR consulting support to various company leaders (posting jobs, supporting cyclical talent management processes, etc.)
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- Currently enrolled as a full time student, graduating May 2018 or later
- Knowledge and understanding of HR practices and policies
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications is essential (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for creating and delivering proposals, presentations, training materials and other technical documents
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to provide excellent customer service on the phone or in-person, conducting/participating in meetings
- Accuracy and attention to detail in typing, data entry and other work products
- Ability to take direction from multiple sources and prioritize work
- Available 15-20 hours/ week during the academic year and 35-40 hours per week during summer
- Major or Minor in Human Resources
- Familiarity with additional software programs such as SharePoint and Visio
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Sophomore standing or above
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you-re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes:- MN - Minneapolis
Xcel Energy is a major U.S. utility which serves more than 3.5 million electric customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight states.
Our mission is to provide clean, safe reliable energy to our customers through a mix of sources including wind, solar, hydro, coal, nuclear and natural gas.